Paradise Bakery & Cafe

120 Regency Parkway, Omaha, NE, USA

Paradise Bakery & Cafe Omaha Reviews

nyprne nyprne
Very Satisfying May 13, 2010
I am not much of a chain or franchise person for restaurants. I prefer to try the smaller locally owned eateries instead. If you have read some of my other restaurant reviews, you will notice that pattern. However sometimes it is hard to avoid. Especially when you are meeting others and you are the guest. I had not heard of this chain prior to my visit there nor was I aware that it existed in Omaha. The restaurant or bakery is situated in an upper income area in a bit of a ritzy shopping court. I was expecting quiches and souffl├ęs to be abundant but was relieved to see sandwiches and soup of reasonable recognition. Funny how I am perfectly willing to eat something strange in a hole in a wall kiosk but put me in a high class establishment and I through my nose up (embarrassing). There is a busy ambience there and eager employees wanting to explain their menu. I had the Paradise Club and a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. The sandwich was made with a croissant, was warm and was, well, really good. The soup was just as delightful. It might have been above average for lunch cost but, I was a guest. So I enjoyed my visit justifying the need to write about it. And while I am not necessarily guilty, I somehow feel the need for a Greek gyro tomorrow from the guy down the street who has been making them for 40 years.

Check Omaha Hotel Deals