Paprika

Near Lakeview Restaurant, Surat, India
Paprika - The Decor
Paprika - The Interiors
Paprika - The menu card
Paprika - Our English breakfast !!

Paprika Surat Reviews

bonitovida bonitovi…
A good multicuisine restaurant with a large menu Jun 19, 2011
Paprika is located right on the Dumas Road in Piplod. I had been eyeing this place for almost a month now especially since I heard that they serve non vegetarian food too. A non-veg place so close to my house? Heaven. We finally make it there on Sunday for lunch.

We order Cream of Chicken soup, which has been tried before and was well liked by E. I also order a mocktail called Purple Power, which was a black grape, orange and apple juice mix. I liked the variety of mocktails and beverages (both hot and cold) that they had to offer. The drink came in warm and I asked them to cool it and bring. They came back with a chilled Purple Power drink in 2 minutes!

For main course, we ordered a Pahadi Chicken Tikka. While we waited for the tikka to come, I looked around at the ambience. The walls and furniture is done up in white. Dark wood tables and photo frames on the walls take best advantage of the contrast and stand out in the white. The menu is large and interesting. It contains a variety of continental veg and non veg dishes.

The pahadi tikka looked mouthwatering but it wasn’t so. The spices hadn’t got absorbed in totally. And after you chew away the top layer of masala, the chicken was bland-ish. I say, pahadi tikka at a dhaaba would be a 100 times better.

They also have a breakfast menu which has different types of omelets, eggs, etc. Our second dish for the day was English Omelet with 2 slices of brown bread and a glass of orange juice. This was reasonably priced at Rs. 110. We are going to try the Florence Omelet next! I liked their breakfast platter the most.

Our total bill came out to be Rs. 561 which I found to be quite reasonable. I would definitely want to visit Paprika again to try out the other stuff on their menu. The food there is not what your get normally in restaurants. A good change.
The Decor