Pappy Gander & Company

none - (541) 798-5042

Pappy Gander & Company Merrill Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
American country cooking Jul 07, 2013
There aren’t many choices in Tulelake so we waited until we get to the stateline of Oregon and California to get a decent meal.

For someone who is driving along back roads of Hwy 139 this restaurant is ideally located. The restaurant is by the roadside. We haven’t eaten lunch after our whole morning of spelunking at Lava Beds National Monument so we were starving and this restaurant caught my eye as were passing by.

I could tell just from the outside this is a typical American country style restaurant and cooking.

It was about 3:00 p.m. when we pulled into a wide but empty parking lot. It looked like we were the only guests but there were a few patrons inside.

We were greeted and seated by a young gal, we found out later she was one of the owners!

The menu card was big and so the selections was quite overwhelming but I was craving for pork chops that day so I ordered that. My son as always, ordered hamburgers with “country” fries, my daughter only wanted a bowl of soup and for my husband, I don’t remember anymore but just look at the photos…

Our orders come with a soup which is really good – I think it is called “beef & vegie soup” or something but it was really tasty. The pork chops were very tender and my son’s fries are really yummy! We were told their potatoes are fresh from Idaho!

The service was quick. She took our orders…bum…bum… next thing we knew our orders are at our table!

The prices are average. The restaurant was quiet. Well, it was passed lunch time when we were there so I just don’t know how it is during peak hours. Decorations are country home style. Their bathroom is super clean!

If you are visiting Lava Beds National Monument, take an extra drive to Merill OR for a decent meal. The Stateline is just 8 miles away from Tulelake CA.

Check Merrill Hotel Deals