Papaspiros Greek Taverna

www.papaspiros.com - (708) 358-1700

Papaspiros Greek Taverna Oak Park Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Mar 21, 2007
So I headed up to Oak Park on my day in Chicago. When I got up to my destination...I didn't eat breakfast at this point... I was starving! I decided to eat up in Oak park. I got off the subway stop and decided to wonder around until I found something that caught my attention. I went down an alley and saw a greek restaurant and since I've only had greek one other time in my life I decided to head in.

I was greated promptly and warmly and was seated immediately. I looked through them menu and tried to decipher all the greek jargon on the menu... My waiter, Niko, came over and I decided to get the Mousaka since I have always heard about it but never have eaten it! I also ordered a glass of Greek Red Wine.

The food was delicious. It slid down your throat with ease and the taste was like a home cooked meal at your grandmothers house!

I finished my food and decided it was time to go see what I came to Oak Park for, to see Frank Lloyd Wright's house. I was looking at my map and couldn't decipher where I was going to so I asked one of the gentleman at the restaurant who happened to be the owner. He walked outside with me and started to describe the directions. Since he didn't speak fluent English I had a hard time understanding and he actually offered to drive me to the house...he said it was far away but it was only one mile. So I told him thankyou but I can make and and went on my way.

the food was great and the Staff treated you like part of their family. It was truly a wonderful experience!
mellemel8 says:
hmmmmm greek food. gosh i miss greece
Posted on: Aug 09, 2007
lisak64 says:
Hi there. I just stumbled upon your review of Papsiros Greek Taverna. I live about 2 miles from there and have eaten there about 4 times. I love Greek food and go to Chicago's Greektown a few times a year. I hope you enjoyed the Frank Lloyd Wright homes. I've toured them a few times and always enjoy it. Oak Park is a really nice town, obviously for architecture and it has a quaint downtown. It's very diverse for a suburb and only 10 miles from downtown.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2007