Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe

Mount Vernon, Illinois
Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe - Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe
Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe - Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe
Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe - peanut butter crunch ice cream in a chocolate waffle cone
Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe - the interior of the shoppe

Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe Mount Vernon Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Homemade Ice Cream Shoppe May 02, 2012
Papa Z's is a local, homemade ice cream shop in Mt. Vernon, IL. It is located on Broadway, across from Casey Middle School. They offer a large selection of homemade ice cream: standard flavors like chocolate, vanilla and chocolate chip; they also have some more exotic flavors like watermango (watermelon and mango), key lime pie, coconut and raspberry chip. I saw the chocolate waffle cones, and wanted one of those. After sampling quite a few flavors, I decided on the peanut butter crunch. It was finally an ice cream that had enough flavor. The others I tasted just didn't live up to their names. I think they needed an extra flavor boost. The consistency of the ice cream was closer to actual homemade ice cream than I would have liked. There is also about a dozen or so flavors of fudge to choose from, too.

The staff was very friendly, willing to give us samples until we could absolutely make up our minds. And, I know this is probably a minor point, but the girl did let out a profanity when she made a mistake; I thought that was a little uncalled for.

All things considered, I would return to Papa Z's. There is plenty of space to claim a table right there, or since it's ice cream in it's own to-go container, feel free to do that, as well. There is not a drive-thru service, but there is more than enough parking, just in case they are busy.
peanut butter crunch ice cream in …
the interior of the shoppe
Papa Z's Ice Cream Shoppe