Jl Cemara, Sanur, Indonesia
(0361) 270526

Paon Sanur Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Best service in Sanur Aug 02, 2012
Paon is located right across the road from the Mezzanine Restaurant at Puri Santrian Resort Hotel, in the south of Sanur.

The staff was very sweet and friendly. They all had a warm smile, they smiled with their eyes too. And their English was good.

The dining area was partly covered. The interior was a lovely combination of wooden floor, wooden furniture, but not the very dark once that most places had, and turquoise tablecloths. Plants and palm trees were growing through the wooden floor. There was also a nice breeze through the restaurant.

I had dinner at 5:30 pm so the place wasn´t busy, but when I passed it around 9 pm the restaurant was full. When I arrived they had nice background music from the 80´s. Nice walk down memory lane. This changed to more modern pop music. When I passed the restaurant later in the evening they had live music.

Paon offers Balinese and international cuisine. The international part being pizza and pasta. Special offer that night was free salad bar and dessert. I must admit that after 3 weeks with Indonesian food I opted for something more international. I started with the vegetable and seafood samosas, then the sesame fish & chips. I was really full after this, but the jack fruit and coconut macaroons looked too tempting not to try.

I couldn´t finish the fish & chips. In the menu it was a picture of a meal with two pieces of fish, I got 5 pieces! When the waiter came to take my plate he immediately asked if there was something wrong with the food. This was the first time anyone had asked me that in Indonesia. I was also asked if I would like a dessert. This also being the first time a waiter had asked me this.

My only regret is that I hadn´t tried this restaurant before. I can highly recommend Paon and I would love to eat there again.
Seafood and vegetables samosas wit…
Sesame Fish & Chips served with fr…
Jack fruit and coconut macaroon se…
Salad bar