Pantry Cafe Bake Shoppe

875 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Pantry Cafe Bake Shoppe Los Angeles Reviews

dlazzaro dlazzaro
Mar 05, 2007
The Original Pantry is a famous LA Landmark, but the food and service simply is not very good.

I arrived for lunch on a Monday, and had to wait for 20 minutes, even though I was there by 11:45.

When I was finally seated with my friend, it took several minutes for a waiter to arrive.

As far as the food itself, well, it just isn't very good. I had a T-bone steak for $17, which came with bread, peas, and potatoes. The bread was very good and fresh, but the steak itself was not good.

Come here to say you have been to the Pantry, don't come here for good food or friendly service.
electricapples electric…
The Pantry Dec 26, 2006
If you're in downtown LA, this isn't a bad place to eat. As soon as you sit down, they bring out coleslaw and bread. If you want the bread toasted, just ask and they'll throw it on the grill for you. It's good that way. I hate coleslaw, so I didn't eat that. The rest of the food was fine. It seemed to be a popular place since it was crowded. You can easily walk there from the metro train. It's apparently a hot spot for breakfast and desserts. The people were friendly and the service was still good, even with all the people there. I don't care for downtown LA, but I would eat there again if I were in the area.
David David
Jan 09, 2006
Hungry and late into the night, my friends and I looked for a place to

eat. We arrived at the Pantry in downtown LA. The Pantry is

open 24 hours a day, in fact it has never closed in over 80

years. There's no lock on the door either. I orderd a thick

t-bone steak which was more than enough to fill my empty stomach.

The meal comes with bread, coleslaw, and mashed potatoes. The

menu is written on chalkboards located throughout the restaurant.

The menu also changes depending on what's available at that time.

Since it was late at night, I noticed that some items were

erased. The food here is American, most of the items are

different cuts of steak.

The Pantry is owned by the ex-mayor of LA, Richard Riordan. It's

located near the Staples Center, so parking shouldn't be a problem. Be aware that the Pantry only accepts cash.
DanLange says:
...and nothing tastes even remotely good!
Posted on: Jun 13, 2007
jenn79 says:
Silly question but is this the place where ex-inmates run the restaurant?
Posted on: May 08, 2007
cynthia says:
its a USC hangout...and its opened 24 hours a day with really cheap steak...where else is there to go at night? hehe
Posted on: Mar 29, 2006