Panta Rei

431 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA, USA

Panta Rei San Francisco Reviews

kchong kchong
Dec 04, 2005
Italian in SF's North BeachA friend and I were wandering around North Beach looking for a decent Italian restaurant and finally decided on this one randomly and really for no reason except that we were starving and close by. We sat outside which initially was a good choice since we were quite warm, but if you do this -- be warned that cars park on the curb next to you. A tow truck that was loud and STUNK parked next to us for a good 10 minutes which was pretty digusting.The food was just mediocre -- we had a duck pasta (where was the duck??? no idea) and a cut of veal (or some meat) that was a bit dry. What's even worse, is that in the salad that came with the meat, there was a HUGE BUG in it which I didn't discover until we were almost done. They took the meat off the bill, thank goodness.I would never go back! Ever!
Eric says:
Wow I don't know what I would do if I found a giant bug in my meal. Good thing you didn't accidently eat it!
Posted on: Dec 06, 2005
Eric Eric
Dec 06, 2005
I've been here a few times and would have to agree that the food is decent but not great. I remember ordering a ravioli dish and only getting about 8 pieces of ravioli. Needless to say, it was not very filling.One thing I did like about it was the ambience. It is in the heart of the Italian district of North Beach and it's pleasant to sit outside and eat while watching the people stroll by. I didn't have to deal with a garbage truck parked outside, though.

Related Travel Blogs About Panta Rei

Golden Gate Bridge & Exploratorium & North Beach
Morning ~1A)  If we haven't already, we'll set aside time to see some of the more established and time consuming venues in town, which may include:Golden Gate BridgePalace of Fine Art/Explorator…Panta Rei Cafe Restaurant 431 Columbus Avenue San Francisco, CA 94133-3901 (415) 591-0900 or 3B)  E Tutto…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals