Pansacola Beach Resort, Cagbalete Island

Cagbalete Island, Cagbalete, Philippines
www.facebook.com/pages/Mauba… - +63427840158 : +639285058633

Compare Bataan Hotel Rates (11.4km away)

Pansacola Beach Resort, Cagbalete Island Reviews

Daive Daive
If there were an expressway, I'd go back... Mar 28, 2010
Location: Cagbalete Island, Mauban, Quezon, Philippines

Resort/Camping ground: Pansacola Beach Resort

Roadtrip length: Too far for me. My limit, I guess, is about 3 hours (max. 4). It took 7 hours for us because we left late (730am) and there were a couple of accidents that caused the traffic in the towns (and we got lost too). That's the thing, the traffic in the towns, because you have to pass through 5 towns before you get to Mauban. There is no expressway and it's only a two-way lane, plus, you have to ask everytime if you're going in the right direction to the next town or else you'll get lost because there are very few road signs (thus the b.ave rating).

Service: Above average, considering it's provincial, which is expected to be a bit "slower" than usual, but they were very friendly and helpful. You can even ask them to cook instant noodles or whatever for you, with no charge!

Food: For what we paid, it was great! That is, if you eat local cuisine...don't get me wrong, it was tasty with big servings! (Ex. squid, crispy pata, porkchops or ribs, salad or a veggie dish, chicken tinola, grilled or swt&sour fish)

Btw, we paid like Php1400 per person, including the boat transfers, food, water, and the cases of beer~ quite cheap (total bill divided by 16 people though) !

Accommodations: The "kubos" or huts were made of the usual bamboo and wood, no furniture, just a couple of beds (of wood) in the two rooms on the ground floor and nothing at the second floor. At first, I thought we had to sleep on the floor based on the pics I saw online and also when I saw the kubos (kinda expected that and brought a small pillow and blankie), but later in the evening they put out mats, blankets, and pillows- that, I can do :) (thus the average rating for rustic/camping ground types).

The beach: soft white sand, except for the seaweed (which I hate)... though the caretaker says it should be gone by April, & onwards. There are spots though, that seemed to be "bald" and that's where we stayed. The water, on the other hand, is very clear, much like Boracay (maybe not as blue-green)! :) It is a bit of a far walk to the 'shore' during low tide, I didn't mind, I was having fun. My rating: Average.

Safety: I suggest make-shift life-savers on the outrigger boats incase it tips over (open sea equals big waves at certain times...scary). Hey, some styrofoam and cloth doesn't cost as much as law suits! Better to be safe than sorry.

Loudness? I guess you'd get annoyed by the silence if you booked before or after summer season. During our trip there were about 3 other groups, so we didn't feel so "alone", which was good.

All-in-all, I'd say I'd definitely go back if I can take the expressway... heehee ;)
Pansacola Beach Resort, Cagbalete …
The beachfront during low tide
Somewhere on the northeast side of…
buddieshot says:
hey, nasagot ko na yung yes or no. i clicked yes and now that you asked me again, i did the same :) helpful of course hehehe
Posted on: Mar 28, 2010
Daive says:
Thanks Mark! Appreciate the comment! :D Am sure you'd be able to take some lovely pictures there!
Favor, pa answer oo or hindi sa question sa taas hehe, super thanks!
Posted on: Mar 28, 2010
buddieshot says:
your blog has put cagbalete in the tourism map. it is my first time to hear of such a place nearby. and now i am considering it in one of my future destinations. salamat :)
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010

Compare Bataan Hotel Rates (11.4km away)

Cagbalete Map