Panorama

Check Bawiti Hotel Deals

Panorama Bawiti Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Shocked and Surprised Oct 22, 2009
This is an odd one to explain, so I will do my best.

This hotel looks like a pile of bricks from the outside but is a perfect example of where you are, which is in the middle of the desert in a small Oasis town.

The rooms are basic, but for the area they are some of the best you will find. The beds are a bit stiff, but I had a great sleep.

There is a large garden area that has a fire pit. This garden is between the building with the rooms and the main building. When we arrived around lunch time we were treated to a massive 7 course lunch made of all traditional dishes that were all local and fresh ingredients. Simple but delicious. That evening for dinner, same thing, and again the next morning for breakfast.

I was unfortunately sick that evening so I hit the bed early, but not before getting a nice tour of the area and smoking some sheesha with the owner and his family. We also went up on the roof in the morning for some photo's.

If you ever travel to the western desert and need a place to stay, this place is perfect. It looks a little intimidating if you don't like roughing it, but it is much better than it looks from the outside. A true case of don't judge a book by its cover.

Check Bawiti Hotel Deals