Panorama Restaurant & Cafe

Tana Toraja, Indonesia

Panorama Restaurant & Cafe Tana Toraja Reviews

YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
A restaurant with a good view Jul 30, 2011
I asked my driver to take me to a restaurant where I can get halal food. As muslim I am not allowed to eat pork while pork is one of main menu in Toraja. So, he brought me to this restaurant. He told me that he always brings muslim tourists here.

I checked the menu. They only serve one type of pork dish, i.e. pork pa'piong. Pa'piong is a Toraja dish with the main ingredients can be pork, chicken, or fish. It is cooked in a bamboo and grilled above fire. So, it is okay with me to eat here, because they cook the pork separately with other dishes.

I decided to eat Toraja dishes. So, I ordered chicken pa'piong, black rice, and dutch eggplant juice. The pa'piong tasted good but the portion was to much for me, 4 pieces of chicken!!! The juice is a part of my childhood memory. Since I have astma when I was a child, my sinse (Chinese witch doctor) brought me that juice and I had to drink it regularly. I wanted to taste that again. The taste was not so good. But after I added a little sugar, I could drink it ;D

The black rice tasted usual. I prefer white rice ;-)

The view from this restaurant is really good. It is situated next to paddy field. So, I could see the view and felt the breeze.
the view from my seat
my lunch: black rice, chicken pa'p…

Check Tana Toraja Hotel Deals