Panini Pete's

Panini Pete's  - the inside of my sandwich

Panini Pete's Fairhope Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Overrated Jun 14, 2010
I had seen Panini Pete’s featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. They are known for their housemade mozzarella cheese and roasted turkey; they have a roasted turkey panino created with both, so I ordered that (the waitress enthusiastically recommended it) along with their homemade French fries. It was good, but I kind of think Panini Pete’s may have been overrated. I expected it just to be the best thing I ever put in my mouth, and it did not live up to my expectations. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but just not eyes-roll-back-in-your-head like I wanted. The turkey was very flavorful, and the mozzarella was really good, its freshness really came through. The French fries weren’t the greatest; they were thin, but overdone and mushy at the same time.

I sat outside on their patio, and the wait staff was incredibly friendly. I will warn you, Panini Pete’s is difficult to find. Even though I had called OnStar for directions, I still ended up driving around Fairhope for 20 minutes to find it. Its address is on Section Street, the main street through Fairhope, but it’s located in the ‘French Quarter’, a section of boutiques and shops off the road. I entered from Delaware Street.
Panini Pete's
the inside of my sandwich

Check Fairhope Hotel Deals