Panglao Regents Park Resort

Panglao Regents Park Resort Rates and Deals

Panglao Regents Park Resort Reviews

simply_abz simply_a…
The pool is green Aug 19, 2013
The saying 'first impressions last' is very true, particularly for this resort.

While searching for a place to stay in Bohol, I came upon this in Trip Advisor. The resort looked lovely and the reviews seemed to be quite good, so I decided to give this a go. I give them points for replying swiftly. However, while I was making the booking for the stay of both my sister and myself (2 people) for 3D/2N, I encountered some inconveniences. The person that I was initially making my booking with seemed to be using automatic or standard responses the first few emails and did not tailor them to my queries or comments.

Eventually they advised me that a bank transfer of the deposit has to be made by a certain date in order to secure my booking. This is huge inconvenience on my part as my bank does not do international bank transfers and I am also paranoid about how safe this is. Luckily, I have family in the Philippines and I managed to ask my cousin from Baguio to make the transfer. My cousin got back to me and said that she was successful in transferring the deposit to Panglao and even sent me a picture of the receipt.

By this time, we just got to Manila and had no local number, we were just relying on wifi to send and receive emails. I sent 2 emails to Panglao asking if they can confirm that a deposit has been received. They did not reply until 2-3 days later saying that no deposit was received and that if this is not done, I will lose my reservation. At this point, I was furious and used a pay phone to contact them instead. I spoke with the reservations manager, Rubben, and he advised me of the same thing. I sent him a copy of the receipt whilst I was on the phone with him. He waited until he received it, looked in their system and advised me that it has in fact been received. Finally! He then said that transfer from the airport to the resort will be confirmed a night before our arrival, this was not done and I had to follow this up once again.

Upon arriving, from the outside, the building looks really nice and new. The driver we got was friendly and outgoing. Once we unloaded our baggage, we approached the check-in counter and waited to be served. There seemed to be only 2 people serving at the counter when there were 3 others behind them just staring outside. There was no acknowledgement or warm welcome. I had to ask a lady passing by if that counter was where we checked in. She said yes - no smile and asked for my reservation document and ID.

After paying a cash deposit for the room, a bell man and an office personnel accompanied us to our room. The room was lacking in ambience, quite frankly, it felt like a jail cell. Dull furniture, cold-looking white walls, high window. The room seemed to be very similar to the initial service - no warmth. Also, make sure to bring earplugs, it can get really noisy at night as it's next to a busy street.

I know this is not supposed to be a luxury resort, but being that the resort boasted that this is almost like a hidden gem on the island, I expected more.

When I expressed my disdain or the service received so far, the reservations manager apologised for not meeting my expectations and just said that they will try to be better from then.

Additionally, I'm sorry, but the pool is not as great as people are claiming it to be. Looking at pictures from June 2013, it looks as if the pool is fine. Come July, the pool was green. Yes, green. You couldn't even see the bottom of the pool! I was not even sure if this can be used by guests, but when I saw a kid swimming in it later on, it couldn't be that bad. The resort also boasted a gym. I was unaware that resort-stayers still needed to pay a fee to use the gym. I suggest that the resort remove this fee if they want to attract more people in staying here. I find it quite ridiculous.

The location of the resort to the beach is not bad, if you're willing to walk about 5-7 minutes. I would suggest to just catch a tricycle, which takes 2 minutes - roughly P50.

The consolation of our whole stay was the Countryside Tour provided by the resort. Our driver was the best! He told us everything there was to know about each visited site. He was not too talkative and didn't force us to talk either. He was our tour guide, driver and photographer in one! Such a great guy. Unfortunately, I forgot to take down his name, but I made sure to give him a hefty tip.

Overall, the resort was okay... The tour was a lot better!
The hotel's green pool

Panglao Regents Park Resort Overview

Regents Park is not beach front and affords itself a leisurely walk to the world famous Alona Beach. Regents Park Resort is the natural choice when you desire high quality rooms and facilities, an exotic atmosphere, and easy access to everything Alona Beach and Panglao Island have to offer! Regents Park Resort offers 35 rooms ranging from superior, deluxe and standard rooms with contemporary design and architecture, all with full amenities. Our resort features a large free-form swimming pool. Panglao Regents Park is not Beach Front however it is prominently situated at Alona, Tawala offering a superb combination of service, value for money and location. It is just a short stroll to the world famous Alona Beach. We focus on crafting private sanctuaries that provide a sense unparalleled service and Luxury. Be it for a honeymoon, a diving experience, a break from it all or even for a business meeting Panglao Regents Park is a destination to set your sights on. This exclusive resort combines all the right ingredients - subtle comforts, natural beauty and lots of space.

Panglao Regents Park Resort Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Garden
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Pool Outdoor

Related Travel Blogs About Panglao Regents Park Resort

Yay!!!!!!!
On first impressions Panglao Island appears to be like Boracay's less attractive sister who hasn't married so well and can't afford expensive clothes and makeup, but then when you get to know them be…Panglao Regents Park Resort. It's a lovely place set around one of the nicest pools we've ever…

Check Panglao Regents Park Resort Rates and Deals