Panda enclosure childrens park

Coulone

Panda enclosure childrens park Reviews

joehobo joehobo
Panda Park Aug 28, 2014
I had never seen a giant Panda before and coming to know that the childrens park in Macau located in Coloane had one I decided that this was the day.Going there was very easy and cheap too.Since I was staying close to the Lisboa hotel I crossed the road to the public bus terminus and took a bus going towards the Coloane town.The ride was just 20 minutes and cost about 5 mop.The bus stop was a few metres away from at the entrance of the park which is called the Seac pai van park.

The park is located on the hill and also has a small aviary.It is well maintained and has play areas for children as well as fast food counters,souvenir shops and nice picnic spots in the shade of huge trees or beside an artificial waterfall or maybe on the green grass.You can walk uphill too and get to relax looking at the bay and greenery of the island or ponder over the upcoming residential condominiums.

The panda complex is quite large and is climatized to a comfortable 21 to 24 degree centigrade.The roof of the complex is of a hi-tech translucent film and the indoor of the enclosure is modeled on natural terrain with a stream, cascade, shrub, trees and a wooden respite area near rocks which are supposed to be the so called habitat for the Panda.

I found a lot of children running here and there to get a look at the Panda which after its meal prefered to lie on its back in a quite corner of the enclosure.I was told that the complex had two Pandas and one of it died of kidney failure earlier that week.

Entry into the park is free but into the panda enclosure is for a small fee.The tickets purchased is valid only for a certain period of hours.If I remember right there are about eight periods and the best time is very early in the morning which is when the Panda can be seen eating its favourite bamboo shoots in the view of the public.I went around noon and got only to see the Panda resting near its quarter.

Happy to have seen a Giant Panda for the first time in my life and happy to have witnessed the eagerness and excitement of the children who experienced the same feeling, I then Walked around through the aviary,had lunch near the waterfall,bought a few souvenirs, posed for a few pictures and that was it.
Zagnut66 says:
Just like the giant panda I enjoy a nap after a good meal.
Posted on: Aug 28, 2014