Panchito's Mexican Restaurant y Cantina

(212) 473-5239

Panchito's Mexican Restaurant y Cantina New York Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Panchito's Mexican Restaurant y Cantina Sep 15, 2009
Kicked out of Tea Spot at the 11:30PM closing time on a drizzling Thursday night, our band of knitters went in search of a quiet place to continue our gossiping and kvetching.

We settled in nearby Panchito's, a place with large wooden round tables with captain's chairs, high backed booths, and just expansive. Like a saloon, an old Western saloon that continues to have a Christmas tree anyway. It was very much the ghost town this Thursday night that I stopped by...

We ordered lots of drinks to warm ourselves, I had a very good iced Peach brandy, the sangria was also pretty good. The food was disappointing, the complimentary tortilla chips were passable, the salsa too mild, and even sweet, probably from a bottle. My fajita was also similarly flavorless, was a chicken wrap essentially, and not a savory one at that.

The service was accomodating though, my friends would come up with orders not on the menu to satisfy personal cravings. Had I been a server for them, I would've been annoyed personally.

I think people might come here for the, accomodation of large groups, drink, and drink friendly food.
Transitory says:
I prefer Mezcal, it's got the worm in there. Protein ya know.
Posted on: Sep 15, 2009
huibdos says:
The liquid Mexican national food is tequila:)
Posted on: Sep 15, 2009