Palomar Washington DC a Kimpton Hotel

Palomar Washington DC a Kimpton Hotel Rates and Deals

Palomar Washington DC a Kimpton Hotel Reviews

Eric Eric
Excellent value, Great Location Sep 15, 2010
Lisa found a great deal for this hotel using TravBuddy. We paid approximately $125/night, and received FREE breakfast vouchers for Urbana Restaurant (in the hotel) for each day we were there. Urbana is actually quite a nice restaurant, and the continental breakfast was very good (see my other review of Restaurant Urbana).

The rooms are small but nice and modern. The springs in the bed seemed a little bit old, but otherwise it was comfortable. There are no coffee or tea makers in the rooms, but usually there was coffee/tea/lemonade in the lobby. I also believe there is a free wine hour every evening.

The bathroom is also small, but clean and typical of other Kimpton hotels I've stayed at.

The location of the hotel is also great, a few blocks away from Dupont Circle/Metro, and in a fun little neighborhood with lots of interesting restaurants. We felt comfortable walking around everywhere near the hotel.

The service was also friendly and the concierges were very helpful with any questions.

As mentioned above, the restaurant Urbana is quite good, and was a really happening spot when we arrived on Friday night.

Pretty much the only thing I can say that was bad about this hotel was that there were only 3 slow elevators, which didn't seem to be enough for the amount of traffic they got. Overall, we had a great stay, and given the value I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again the next time we are in DC.
suzbert suzbert
Business hotel, by Dupont Circle Aug 28, 2010
I was recently in Washington for a very intense business week. The hotel chosen by the delegation was the Palomar, on P street. I arrived at 02:45, after a very long trip.

From the onset, the staff was very welcoming, efficient and smiling. Yes, smiling at that early hour!

My room was very nice, large, comfortable. I stayed 6 nights, and the friendliness of the personnel did not change. This hotel has a wild animal theme, and the comfy robes provided are in zebra, tiger, or other print.

With a happy hour for guests before dinner , coffee early morning, special wine tasting during the week, the hotel is clearly looking at having it's guests coming back.

This was my second stay at the Palomar. I will certainly go back on my next trip to DC.
ladywolve ladywolve
It wore off..... Aug 23, 2008
Of course when we got there we were in awed. Not being seasoned travelers and coming up to this and the valet, we were totally impressed.

We got there late at night as the maps we had did not help finding this

place.(it is actually easy,right in front of your nose).The room was

beautiful!Yes, its decor is based with dark tones, highlighted with

cremes and oranges and limes. It would not have been my chosen taste,

but it was done nicely.The bathroom was very clean.Though it took some

minutes to drain, but no real problem. The air condition was broken, and

we woke up to street hammering right below us on Sunday morning. Nice the

city keeps up.(they never did anything beyond that)We ordered room service,we did not know where to go that late, and the tiramsu is nothing

to write home about or the salad from a pea patch.The service was excellent though.When we went to leave,since we were so high up, we were

going to bring the bag trolley up, but were not allowed to touch.During our time there they also lost the receipt to our car and had to get another one.This was after 20 minutes of waiting. There was a lot of good

to this hotel-but for us at least, we will not go back.
TaxMonkey TaxMonkey
Dec 06, 2007
Hotel Palomar is a nice new property in DC's Dupont Circle area from the Kimpton Group, also known for their "Hotel Monaco" properties, and their other hotels in DC: Topaz, Rouge, Madera, and Monaco. The service and amenities at the hotel are good, and the rooms are nice with higher quality linens than the average hotel, large & deep jacuzzi tubs and stand-up showers.

My room was large, probably around 750 square feet, in a suite-style with one room split into office (WiFi is available) and living room areas, and a second room with a king-size bed and a large bathroom (with the amenities described above). The rooms are very modern with sleek glass desks, modern credenzas and television stands, and simple straight lines. The room was decoratee in a fairly dark decor -- think dark chocolate with grey and creme accents. The colors and furniture worked well in the room.

The air conditioning/heating unit was broken when I arrived at my room, but the engineers were very quick in replacing the broken part and the room was at a nice temperature in no time. The service in the hotel is very good.

The restaurant downstairs, Urbana, fashions itself as a wine bar, but the staff that I have encountered have not been that knowledgeable about the wine list and I have been less impressed with their wine list compared to fine dining restaurants in DC. This may be inappropriate because Urbana's average entree price is not as high as those fine dining restaurants. Also, I have noticed after eating dinner at Urbana several times that the kitchen frequently runs out of signature items. Overall the restaurant is comfortable and nice for middle-tier dining in DC.

In the summer, the hotel has a fairly small outdoor pool in the back which is unusual for most DC hotels, especially for a boutique hotel, because DC hotels generally have only indoor pools or no pools at all. Only the largest properties like the Washington Hilton and the Washington Plaza have outdoor pool areas.

Palomar Washington DC a Kimpton Hotel Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes