Palmse Manor

Palmse, Estonia

Palmse Manor Reviews

anjok anjok
Best Things in Estonia are free. Part 2. May 24, 2008
Or, actually, this was best 4 euros ever spent.

Palmse Manor is one of the best preserved and thoroughly reconstructed manors in Estonia. And it is a very popular tourist attraction. So I can't explain why last weekend was the first time i was there.

The territory is huge. We walked for almost three hours and I am sure didn't see everything. The main building in baroque style is a museum that shows the interior of rooms from last centuries. Very beautiful and very real. I got an idea that I would love to live in that time. Wear big dresses and drink tea near the window that overlooks the park and the pond.

Other buildings on the territory are worth the notice as well. Everything is so white and taken care of.

Besides there is a technics garden, with some very old cars, Volga, Chaika, etc, from the beginning of 20th century. Worth visiting as well.

There is a big pond in the center, with arbours, white bridges.

It's very hard to explain all the nice things that you see there.
sample of inside
outside

Related Travel Blogs About Palmse Manor

Lahemaa National Park
Yesterday evening I had bought one of those packs of spiced almonds (it is something they sell in the old town) and I ate half of it and the rest I put in my bag and saved for later. However, this mo…manors. Some were built by German families and some of them are beautifully preserved, such as the Palmse manor
a piece of paradise 70km away
It was one of the best weekends... again. This Saturday I understood how easy it is for me to find pleasures in simple things. We were lying on the wooden bank of small lake near the manor we decid…manor we decided to visit this time. And I asked my friend: am I the only one who is getting mental orgasms just from lying here and breathing and feeling…
Tallinn, September 2007
i changed my plans slightly and decided to spend an extra day in tallinn rather than carry my pack to a remote area of estonia, which was a shame because i was really looking forward to heading out t…manor houses in palmse and sagadi and were guided around.  palmse is a restored manor house is the main…

Compare Vihula Hotel Rates (12.5km away)

Palmse Map