Palmetto Cafe

(843) 722-4900

Palmetto Cafe Charleston Reviews

diaryofadink diaryofa…
An Orient Express Delight Sep 06, 2008
Tucked inside the very luxe Charleston Place Hotel is a little piece of the orient express. We visited on separate days for breakfast and lunch. The waitstaff was delightful, the food was fresh and prompt, and the service was excellent.

Our bill for 3 was roughly $100 for breakfast and $120 for lunch. We often suffered from stomach aches afterwards but I believe it was because we were not used to the richness and decadence of a 3 course meal that early in the day!

The presentation was just wonderful. Ordering the she-crab soup here is a treat for the eyes and the mouth! I won't giveaway the surprise- just know that it is some of the best she-crab soup around.

My eating companion thoroughly enjoyed lamb on both occasions. I enjoyed the huevos rancheros (don't forget to at least try the tortilla bowl- it's the best part and I'm told it's rarely eaten by customers who don't want to pick it apart) and the lunch sampler. It's a treat to see the presentation of plates and enjoy the fine service by the staff with a beautiful courtyard view outside.

The desserts were not very satisfying and we opted to finish our meal by visiting the Godiva Store down the hall in the shopping area. The bonus of this restaurant is the multitude of fine stores and chocolatiers nearby which you can enjoy after your meal!

Check Charleston Hotel Deals