Palmers Lodge

Check London Hotel Deals

Palmers Lodge London Reviews

cucaratcha cucaratc…
Great value for money Mar 31, 2012
Everytime I go to London (4-5 times a year) I go there. It's a perfect choice for people who are looking for a cheap but enjoyable stay in the English capital. People may think it's a bit annoying to share a room with strangers but I actually found it quite nice to meet random people and have a quick chat with. Even if you choose a 21 people bedroom you won't be too bothered by the others as the beds are positioned in a way that you don't have the impression to be surrounded by a bunch of smelly and noisy backpackers. This is why I highly recommend this place. Great value for money indeed.
danielle_silence says:
so...when will be the next?
Posted on: Apr 28, 2012
MVDunn MVDunn
Pretty Palmers Lodge Nov 16, 2012
This picturesque lodge is situated in the perfect spot for a traveler who doesn't have their own transportation. It is within a short walking distant of the tube station. The hostel is also situated in between quite a few fun bars, restaurants, and stores that were much amusement.

As a solo traveler, the mixed dorms were a great place to meet people, as were the common rooms. The staff was also very helpful on places to go and things to do.

As far as the breakfast goes, don't miss it! Don't be even a minute late, because they won't let you in until dinner time. So make it a point to wake up and get that free breakfast. TIP: for the budget traveler, grab an extra croissant or piece of toast to take with you during your travels for an extra snack.
halibo halibo
Hostel for the simple people Apr 16, 2011
Getting there was a bit difficult for me, because this was my first time in London, and the tube-system was a bit strange for me. When I got to Green Parks I had to figure out if I had to take the Piccadilly or the Jubilee line, which was the jubilee line. That took me to Swiss Cottage. When I came up, I had a map that I followed (big mistake) at 22:30 at night. Ended up walking 20 minutes back to the previous station, taking the tube back to Swiss Cottage to ask someone. Then 5 minutes later I was outside Palmers Lodge, it looks like a castle (it used to be a childrens hospital). The entrace and the hall was clean and looked great.

The staff was there 24/7, which was great. You'll need a padlock for the closets, but you can buy it in the reception for 2,50£. The room, which I was in, were for 8 people, 3story beds with curtains to keep your privacy.

The toilet was kind of small, you had to walk sideways to get to the toilet (because of the sink). The showers was OK, despite that the pressure was high when it was cold, but not when it was warm. Had to lean to the wall to get hot water, kinda funny. But some girl told me that on the other end of the hostel, the shower was better.

The common-room was cosy, had a lot of sofas, computers and a TV. Downstair was the breakfast-area, and a bar-area that was very nice, with an outdoor section. You have access to wireless network, it was OK connection.

It was a very good hostel, I would like to go there again.
danielle_silence says:
yeah...i am going there soon....:)
Posted on: Nov 20, 2011
littlerunaway littleru…
palmers lodge Jun 05, 2011
stayed in this hostel the whole week I spent in Lomdon last April. I'm happy I chose the place. a tube station was 5 min away on foot, the same with a supermarket or 2.

free internet, great common room and a very helpful staff.

I stayed in the females only dorm room. each bed had a curtain, which was great for some privacy.

breakfast was good, but after a few days it got a bit borring so I would mix it with something sweet I bout in the M&S nearby.

it's not in the most centre of the city, but it's a nice and relatively quiet place with good transport options (tube and buses).
ant_i ant_i
The best hostel I have ever stayed in London May 17, 2011
great location, just 5-10 minutes from Swiss Cottage underground station. A huge hostel with lift inside, perfect for those with lots of luggages (like me). the dorms are spacious and each bed with curtain (if you need some privacy). definitely will stay again and recommend it to travellers.
Abith Abith
Worth it! Apr 16, 2011
Stayed here a year go in the biggest all female room. Was my first hostel experience alone and I met great people. I felt safe and respected and all staff were helpful. Bathrooms a little scar but that's the only complaint!
cairinthecity cairinth…
You get what you pay for Sep 23, 2010
It's a good bit out of town in Swiss Cottage, but an easy Tube ride. A night's stay is pricier than your average hostel, but it's very clean and nice. The staff is very helpful. You get breakfast, a welcome drink, a locker with your bed, privacy curtains and more. The in-hostel restaurant and bar are great. There are also 4 computers you can use whenever, as well as a living room with a big screen TV and DVDs. I had a great time.
Triple Decker bunk beds at Palmer'…
ConstanceAshley8 Constanc…
This place is so good I was tempted not to tell other people so it won't be booked when I go again Mar 13, 2008
It is hard to find affordable lodgings in London at least if you are american and paying in dollars. This place is worth every penny that you do spend. Unlike so many other hostels this place has the ambiance of a luxury residance. Read the description on the hostelbookers website because everything is true. Although I would recomend this hostel based on ambiance, location (so close to the metro station and bus lines but it a nice neighborhoods in and of it self),and excellent value for the money it is also an excellent choice for couples traveling together. With so many hostels the value is undercut because although the price for one bed is reasonable you have to pay for two beds...not with Palmers lodge. They have a 12 bed mixed dorm with double beds and you only have to book one bed for two people. Each bed has it's own locker and the bed itself is curtained in for privacy with a self area to put whatever things that you want near to you while you sleep. The room is multi leveled so if you are in a group of 2 or 3 couples you could book all the beds on the upper level of that room and really have your own room.

The breakfast buffet is included with the cost of the room and served excellent food that truely added to the value of staying there.

My only complaint about the place is I wish they offered guests a refridgerator to use as they do provide a microwave and I had purchased food at the market to eat later and had no place to store it.

In addition to offering a locker with every bed this hostel also provides a locker room so if you arrive before check in you can still secure your back as well has being able to keep your stuff safe if you are site seeing after check out.

If your budget isn't as tight as mine this hostel also has private rooms: it makes for a wondefull hotel not just a hostel.

Enjoy your trip to london: stay at this hostel.
danielle_silence says:
I wad staying here for 8 days...very good hostel...for sure will stay here again...free internet. Free breakfast...friendly staff and roomate
Posted on: Dec 26, 2011
Jorita Jorita
Ok but not great Dec 08, 2007
It's a very nice old building with a nice atmosphere, but the toilets and bathrooms were always very dirty, and also there was no light in the toilet for 2 days. But other than that is was all fine, and the staff was nice. The shared livingroom is huge and there is access to the internet on computers.

So just take some flip-flops for your visits to the toilet and you'll be fine;)
Palmers Lodge London
ronman2006 says:
LOL that sounds really nasty lol
Posted on: Apr 17, 2008

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower