Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage

Check London Hotel Deals

Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage London Reviews

VoyagerGirl VoyagerG…
LOVED IT! Aug 15, 2013
I booked this 14 bed mixed dorm on About 200 for 6 nights. It was on the outskirts of Londons center, in zone 2. That was the ONLY complaint anyone really had about the place. At a steal, by London standard for what you got, I booked it.

Figuring out how to get here from Gatwick was (honestly) a bit overwhelming for me. I ended up just catching a taxi, which cost BIG TIME! If you decide to go here, figure out the public transport way!! It is only a few minutes walk to Swiss Cottage's underground on the Jubilee line, and the bus stop. Getting around the rest of London once you're there is a piece of cake, just grab a pay as you go Oyster or travel card..

Once I got to Palmers Lodge (PL) the building was as beautiful as it was in pictures I had seen. Clean grounds, nice architecture. Just plain nice. It was also quite large! Amenities? Self laundry (only 2 washers and dryers), elevators, free breakfast (not a huge variety but hey it IS free), Wi-Fi in common areas and lower rooms (upper ones hit or miss), restaurant and bar in the basement, shared computers, luggage storage buildings (two) outside, activities and I'm sure I'm missing some. There is also a lift so you'll avoid having to kick your things down steps : )

Check in was fast, no issues. Staff are friendly and accommodating. I only found that one, I only saw once (a guy) was a bit "dry". All areas of the hostel are very clean, unless you get the tail end of morning showers. They still are not dirty, per say, but there will be hair, left over bottles, and water puddles about...after all you are sharing with multiple people on the floor. One shower pressure was horrible, while another was extremely hot (you couldn't adjust the temp, and yes it was a push button). Still no real complaint. The room was spacious. I never would have guessed there were 13 other people in the room at any time. Never loud, not even people who came in late...even after a night out. The beds came with privacy curtains and a reading light. I even had an outlet right next to my bed. Bed was comfortable, linens clean. Under each bunk was lockable (bring your own lock)storage.

The bar downstairs is great, fun times : )Met plenty of awesome people, and got great sleep. Never felt unsafe or uncomfortable. I would definitely stay again, and I recommend to anyone that doesn't mind outer London for a good price!
Stairs up from the lobby
My home for the week : )