Palmeras Garden Restaurant

San Pablo, Philippines
Palmeras Garden Restaurant - I loved the decor here
Palmeras Garden Restaurant - Entering the restaurant
Palmeras Garden Restaurant - They cater :)
Palmeras Garden Restaurant - The food. I should've zoomed in more :(
Palmeras Garden Restaurant - Fishing out some Tilapia

Palmeras Garden Restaurant San Pablo Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Outstanding Tilapia! Oct 20, 2010
After meeting the child that I sponsor in San Pablo, me and the Childfund International staff stopped at Palmeras Garden Restaurant for lunch.

They told me that this restaurant is known for its Tilapia, which is caught fresh from its outdoor pond. I was slightly skeptical (I never really thought of Tilapia as being a great eating fish, though I know plenty of people eat it), but hey, when in Rome...

I really liked the ambiance of the place. It's a large wooden structure that surrounds the aforementioned pond. We decided to eat outside.

We ordered the fried Tilapia, rice and a seafood medley. The rice and seafood were decent - nothing super special about that. But the fish was amazing, especially considering how we ate ours.

For those of you not familiar with Tilapia, it's a fish with lots of bones in it, making it somewhat of a challenge to eat usually. It was fried whole with a wonderful blend of seasonings. I started to ask my companions for advice on eating it, but I was astonished to see them eating the fish bones and all.

They explained to me that the fish is fried so well that the bones are basically brittle and easy to crunch on. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was true; the fish was prepared so well that it was fairly easy to eat most of it with the bones (some of the bones were not so easy to eat).

If you find yourself in San Pablo, and you're looking for great fish to dine on, check this place out.
They cater :)