Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Palma Mostar Reviews

EmEm EmEm
Palma Mar 18, 2018
Caffe Slastičarna Palma is a pastry shop wellknown in the city of Mostar. It is located in a long street on the right bank of the river Neretva, on a corner just opposite of an elementary school. This pastry shop is one of two most visited in the city.

The shop has two entrances, on both sides of the corner. The main entrance is actually an entrance to a part where they serve food such as sanwiches, pizzas and pitas. This part is like a corridor, a very narrow and short, connected by a door with a bigger and nicer part where they sell pastries and ice-creams. In the street window there is also a fridge where they hold icecreams and sell it during warmer days of a year.

They have a big selection of cakes, which are all made on the same base with a little difference in taste and look. I could not find any traditional cake in the shop. I opted for a choco banana cake and another similar, and it tasted like the name said, but it was nothing special in it. It was just empty calories from the first spoon of the cake. I could better satisfy my stomach with a banana and a chocolate from a supermarket, but I wanted to sit and eat my cakes in a relaxed atmosphere.

The price is average, in my opinion not reasonable for the quality. On the other hand, it is very hard nowadays to find a pastry shop with delicious cakes here. As this place did not meet my expectations, I do not believe I will come back here again.
starship1 says:
Looks like a nice place -- sorry you didn't enjoy your dessert though. Congratulations on having today's featured review!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2018
vulindlela says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2018
vances says:
Shame their offerings are not as good as they look. Appreciate an honest review!

Posted on: Feb 18, 2018