Palma Real

Varadero, Cuba

Palma Real Varadero Reviews

hippysunshine hippysun…
Holiday to Varadero May 16, 2011
I visited the Palma Real in August 2011 and it was just what we hoped for. When visiting Cuba on a budget, we were'nt expecting amazing food and cleanliness in an excellent beach location.

1. The food was not amazing but was certainly edible and we never went hungry with fresh omlettes for breakfast and great selection of fresh fruits.

2. The cleanliness of the hotel in general is fine. Not amazing also but our room was clean and tidied daily by the maids who are very friendly when passing them in the halls.

3. The location was perfect. Right next door to clubs, 5 minute walk (Max) to the beautiful white sand and clear blue watered beach of Varadero and an interesting 20 minute walk to the nearest Flee market. (Worth the walk as you pass beautiful sights such as Josalene Park and various restaurants and local life)

I recommend this hotel as long as you don't expect 5 stars! It's not and you get what you pay for but if you go with an open mind and an understanding of cuban life and how different it is to your usual spanish holiday resorts then you will love it just as much as we did.

Great for family's, young, old, couples!
Out Hotel Block
Daily towel art byt he lovely maids
A typical meal at Palma Real
Mojito at the hotel
Vlindertje Vlindert…
Aug 22, 2007
Hi there, I haven't been to Palma Real myself. I have been to Sol Palmeras in Varadero and Paradisus Varadero. I have heard some different stories about the Hotel (some good, some bad) so I cant really help with that. If you need tips about about Cuba or Varadero however, I can give you plenty !!
kmd86 says:
Hi! How did you find your stay in Sol Palmeras? I am staying there in Jan 09 with 2 friends.
Thanks!
Posted on: Nov 12, 2008
Vlindertje says:
Hi Erika, There is a dplphin bassin in Varadero. I haven't been there so I cant give you much information....just now that it is in a sort of a park. Maybe you can check these websites, there is all the information you need (I hope):
Posted on: Aug 23, 2007
erus03 says:
hi,
Thank you for your respond. I have read the same about it. Anyway, hopefully will be nice..
Could you help me with some advise, please? One of my dream is to swim with dolphins..is it possible to do there?? I do not want anything else just swim with them. I am not interested the whole paradise park, and shows with animals etc.. Is it possible to book it separately? Is it animal friendly (if it could be at all) or it based on everything just for the tourist...
Is there any information what you think is useful?? Hope we will not meet with the hurricane over there...
Many thanks