Palm Restaurant

New York, New York
Palm Restaurant - Carrot Cake To Go
Palm Restaurant - Tables Inside The Palm
Palm Restaurant - Before
Palm Restaurant - and After :)
Dinner Is Served
Palm Restaurant - Front Of The Palm Restaurant
Palm Restaurant - Pictures On The Walls

Palm Restaurant New York Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Treat Yourself For A Special Occasion Feb 01, 2010
My mate,who lives and works in New York, took me here for a meal when I met him after his work. He lead the way and we walked a few blocks,talking away, before reaching the Palm Restaurant.

It oozed quality the minute you got in and were met by the maitre d and checked your coat in.

Wasn't busy when we arrived and they found us a table straight away. Nicely furnished and relaxing atmosphere. Interesting walls, where they have picture/cartoon paintings of all the famous people who have eaten in the restaurant.

Waiter was a typical New Yorker, and brought us over the beers we had asked for and the menus. Food on the menu is pricey, so much so that I was scared to look at what the beer was costing.

Decided to start with a Caeser Salad, with a vinegarette sauce and, much as I don't do rabbit food, I almost ate all of it :D

We both went for the 14oz Filet Mignon, and all the side dishes had to be ordered seperately on top of that.

Was cooked exactly the way I wanted mine, well done( to me if there is still blood coming out of it then it's not dead). The sauce and the side dishes were excellent to.

Had talked to my mate about Travbuddy already, and he thought it was a great idea, so never even blinked when the camera came out ro take photos of the meal :D

Waiter was good at making sure we had everything we wanted, without being annoying and we had a really great meal here.

We were offered dessert, when they brought over a big tray showing what was available, but neither of us were up for eating any more. my mate though asked for one of the huge portions of carrot cake to be put in a takeaway box to take home for his wife.

After leaving the table we sat in the bar for another few beers and chatted away.

Not the first my mate had been there, as he sometimes takes clients there for something to eat, so he joined the Loyalty Scheme. They also go as a family from time to time, and as well as the discounts with the Loyalty Card they also give you a free Lobster Dinner on your birthday.

OK so it's not cheap, but if you can afford it it's a great place to go. Best meal I've had in ages :)
Front Of The Palm Restaurant