Paleokastritsa

Corfu, Greece

Paleokastritsa Corfu Reviews

tani tani
Can't wait to go back. Sep 14, 2011
My flight to Corfu was delayed, arrived as the sun was rising and the cocks were crowing and had a funny feeling in my stomach. I wanted to get straight back on the bus and go home. Had a few hours sleep before the couple in the appartment next to me decided to have a mini disco on the balcony at 9 am and played Lady Gaga really loud !

A great start to my holiday.

So with only limited sleep and still that horrible feeling in my stomach, that I'd made a big mistake coming here on my own, I got up to explore.

Bascially Paleo is on a hill. The road goes up, the road goes down. It is twisty and windy and there is no pavement. It's you and the cars on the road down to the beach. A bit scary. So I braved the walk down and the beach was tiny and full of size zero Italians. I had a quick look and then headed back up the hill to where I was staying.

Couldn't sit on my balcony and enjoy the view - which was amazing - cos of my neighbours who did nothing else but sit there, play crap music and eat white bread sandwiches. So I went up the hill and hung out at one of the pools.

By day two I was getting frustrated at the lack of beach and my idiot neighbours, so I needed a change of scenery. Booked a trip to Albania and on the ferry over met a really cool couple. We had so much fun in Albania. It was worth the visit to Saranda. Spent a day swimming, hanging out and people watching and then headed back to Paleo.

My new friends were staying 2 mintues up the road and had already been there a week. They showed me the Acapulco Bar and that was it. I was hooked. It somehow reminded me of places I'd been to in Thailand. Really chilled and laid back. There were rocks you could jump off into the sea, the scenery was amazing and the people friendly and fun.

I hung out there all day every day for the rest of my trip, made some friends for life and will go back.

So if you are ever in Paleokastritsa, look for the Acapulco Bar - it's a little bit hidden and a bit of a treck to find, but that's the charm. It's off the beaten track !

Related Travel Blogs About Paleokastritsa

Greek Paradise: Corfu
Our ship came to port in Corfu in the middle of the day on November 15.  We were a little late because of some severe storms in the Ionian Sea and all the way into Turkey.  When we arrived …Corfu Town and the resort area of Paleokastritsa.  Walking around the old town of Corfu at dusk was a beautiful…

Check Corfu Hotel Deals