Paladar La Guarida

418 Concordia, Havana, Cuba

Paladar La Guarida Havana Reviews

Copenhagen_dude Copenhag…
The only thing authentic is the entrance, the stairs and the area leading to the restaurant on the 2nd floor Feb 15, 2013
An overall ok experience but only due to the really nice waitress.

The Restaurant was highly recommended to me by a close friend mostly because of the really authentic location used in the movie Fresa y Chocolate (1993) which I never heard of.

The only thing authentic however is the entrance, the stairs and the area leading to the restaurant on the 2nd floor. The restaurant itself is probably the most touristy place in all Havana if not Cuba, with Bose sound system in the ceiling and a kitchen/food that levels most top European restaurants.

This restaurant requires pre-booking so I made a 19:30 reservation the day before my visit.

All tables are turned twice a night so when I was 30 minutes late due to traffic and rain the lady greeting me at the door almost didn't let me in. She hissed and didn't smile at all but I finally managed to get seated in the left part of the restaurant where other tables were still free.

I ordered a Mojito and after that a glass of wine along with the food.

Drinks and food is really good however due to my late arrival the food was rushed and I had the feeling that most of it was pre-arranged in the kitchen. Despite the rush my dishes didn't arrive at the table at the same time and after a quick dessert I was kindly asked to leave the table for new guests to arrive.

Only due to the really caring and sweet waitress I had a somewhat good night at La Guarida.
The sweetest waitress at La Guarida