Palace of India

27 Vilbeler Straße, Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Palace of India Frankfurt am Main Reviews

dahling dahling
India Moghul style Jul 22, 2008
With the Palace of India, my liking for the indian cuisine got even stronger. The restaurant is located closed to the Konstablewache, right next to the Parkhaus, easy to find and easy parking - and for desert - and Eiscafé right across the street.

The interior is so decadent, moghul style. Silver back chairs with plus dark red velvet upholstery, candlelight and to make it perfect a large screen TV on the wall that plays Bollywood music all day.

The food was delicious, even though I find Indian good injustified expensive, just like mexican, the taste was great. Still €10 for a dish with just eggplants and potatoes .. a little steep. and this was the cheapest on the menu. They do have a nice selection, but the dishes to not vary too much, same thing - different meat, but the stuff I tried was great. We also had the apetizer, two thin slices of bread - also too much for what you get. But, this is the average price of all the Indian Restaurants, so trying to find something cheaper is no use.

I did notice that all the indian restaurants I have been, there were waiters only - no waitresses- I have to ask about this.

Anyways, the Mango Lassie was served in a large silver cup, it was one of the best Lassie's I have had so far. I make it a point to have one just to compare.

They also have a lunch menu, where the dinner meals are an average of Euro 3 cheaper, so maybe you want to go for lunch. The whole set-up is very romantic, so if you would like to take out somebody special, this is nice - just don't sit where you see the TV and get distracted by the beauties on the screen. ;)
sweetnchoco says:
Hi! Bettina,
thanks for the tip.I will try it the next time I visit Frankfurt.
Posted on: Jul 28, 2008