Palace Kamp

Check Helsinki Hotel Deals

Palace Kamp Helsinki Reviews

Minaolen Minaolen
Sep 18, 2009
Disregarding my complete infatuation with anything to do with Finland, this was probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I felt at home the minute I walked through the door (which was very big and castle-like). This thing about Finns being shy must be a myth, because the receptionists were very welcoming and friendly. Both the receptionist and a guest in the dining area were interested in asking me about the concert I went to and were interested to hear about what I thought of Helsinki. The room was probably one of the comfiest I have ever stayed in, and the Moomin pillow was definitely an added bonus! The triple glazed windows in the room pushed any doubts about Finnish Winter temperatures beyond question, and Helsinki is right in the South! I don't know if it's traditional of Finnish showers to be completely open-floored, but I did start to panic slightly as the water covered the entire floor of the bathroom. Apparently this is supposed to happen, and they even provide you with a sweeper thingy to sweep the water towards the plug hole once you've finished. Finns are obviously logical like that. The only meal we had at the hotel was breakfast, which was top class. I'm rather a fan of porridge with cranberry. The hotel is also relatively accessibly from the main part of town: the nearest tram route is a few streets away, the Central Station is slightly further, but still within walking distance (or power-walking, as we seemed to spend most of the weekend doing!). We really didn't spend much time in the hotel, as we were so busy trying to do as much as we could in 2 and a half days, but the time we did spend there was very comfortable and enjoyable. I honestly didn't have any complaints at all.

Check Helsinki Hotel Deals