Palace Hotel

Check Silver City Hotel Deals

Palace Hotel Silver City Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
1882 Historic Hotel with style & comfort Aug 31, 2009
We had no reservatiosn when we arrived in Silver City, we had no idea where we would be staying: we decided we would get into town then figure out the accommodation thing. Well as luck would find it, we entered the city on Broadway which happens to be the street on which the historic Palace Hotel is located.

Located at the very heart of the historic district of downtown Silver City, the Palace Hotel is strategic and easily accessible with art gallaries, speciality shops and restaurants literallyw ithin walkiing distance, infact we had dinner right across the street at Isaacs.

The palace hotel dates back to 1882 and has 22 charming guest rooms each individually decorated to reminiscent a small European tradition and a touch of another era altogether. The Palace hotel was opened in March of 1900: the owner Cal and Nancy Thompson retored the palace to it's former elegance with the help of the office of historical preservation.

My room had a queen bed with a personal touch of specific items like the mirror on the wall, the dressing table and quilt as my bed spread. The shower still has the metal water lines that are coated with years of calcium, but not dirty.

The breakfast area is decorated with art dating back to the early centuries to creat such ambiance as is from another time.

The price is right for the service one receives, what I did not like was the fact my room was facing the main road and the sound of cars and the late night party across from Isaacs kept me up longer than I should have.
Africancrab says:
It was indeed charming and classic. Thanks
Posted on: Sep 04, 2009
sarahsan says:
What a charming place!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2009
vulindlela says:
Looks nice!
I like those classic hotels....
Posted on: Sep 01, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Palace Hotel

One night and one day in Silver City
We arrived in Silver City at a quarter after five in the evening; we checked into the very first hotel we found: the Palace hotel. We arrived in the historic part of Silver City . . . the town of Sil…City at a quarter after five in the evening; we checked into the very first hotel we found: the Palace hotel. We arrived in the historic part of Silver
Gila Forest National Park
Today we are heading off to spend sometime in the Gila National Forest Park . . . descriptive words will not do this forest justice, but I will try to put into perspective what I saw and experienced …Silver City . We checked out of our hotel (the Palace Hotel) at about 9:30 am after having breakfast at the hotel

Check Silver City Hotel Deals