Pairi Daiza

068 25 08 50

Pairi Daiza Brugelette Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
7 continents in one day! Nov 25, 2012
This “garden” like the owners want to call it, is situated in the middle of nowhere. At least that is how I thought of it when I drove to this park / garden.

I had heard so much wonderful things about this park and because some friends of mine really wanted to visit it, we decided to go and have a look.

I drove by car and must say that it is a long way from the motorway, but the scenic drive towards the park is great, you will be driving through farmland, small villages and it is very hilly as well. The park is situated in Brugelette, built at the foot of the ruins of the Cistercian order abbey of Cambron and shielded from the outside world by a wall of about 3 kilometers long.

The owners started with nothing else but birds foreign and domestic, but nowadays you find a “paradise” of 7 worlds or continents and they have more than just birds!

All the different worlds are more than beautiful and have their own specific animals and there is a small train riding through the park which gives you a quick image of all the worlds. Keep in mind that you have to pay extra for this adventure, it is 2 euro / person!

The park has lots of activities which are fun to do. The hanging bridges is one of them and gives you an amazing view on a few continents from high above, almost 300 meters!

Every world has it’s own refreshment facilities but they come with a price!

The prices for drinks and even food are ridiculously high and we saw lots of families bring their own food and drinks and have a picnic at the designated area’s … those were the smart ones! I recommend it to everyone, I have never seen such high prices, not even in an amusement park!

The entrance fee is normally priced I guess, you have to pay 24 euro for an adult, which is more or less a common price for Belgium.
Ils1976 says:
It really is a beautiful zoo and I can highly recommend it, but if you want to see the pandas, check out the website coz I heard that sometimes you have to reserve tickets. I haven't been there since the pandas arrived, so I am not totally sure about that ... have fun! :D
Posted on: Feb 07, 2016
JonLau says:
Thanks for the helpful information. I plan to visit this by train (no car) from Brussels in April this year. I have never seen pandas, and they have a beautiful Indonesian and Chinese gardens, so I want to check it out.

Once again, thanks for sharing your experience.
Posted on: Jan 27, 2016