Pahiyas Festival

Lucban, Philippines

Pahiyas Festival Lucban Reviews

janski janski
Pahiyas Festival's Colorful Houses Jul 23, 2011
My friends from Cebu and Davao wanted to check out the Pahiyas Festival which is always on the 15th of May. So we made up a plan and decided to go down south of Manila to check out the colorful houses which the locals decorate for the festivity.

Just a lil bit of history.. Pahiyas came from the Filipino terms "hiyas" which means jewel and "pahiyas" which means precious offering. The feast is about the celebration of the farmer's harvest, to ensure bountiful harvest in the coming seasons. All locals decorate their houses with agricultural harvest (fruits, vegetables, rice grains etc), and "kiping" (colorful rice wafers).

Anyways, we arrived there during the eve of the festival, with no hotel reservations. Luckily, on the 3rd place we tried, a group backed out so we got the place =) After dinner, we just partied with the other tourists and locals.

We suggest you go check out the houses early morning to prevent the scorching heat in the afternoon. The houses are beautifully decorated and some of the locals would even let you go up the stairs for picture-taking =) One of the best part, food! There are lots you can buy on the streets to eat while walking and checking out the decors. From ice cream, ice candies to their famous longganisa and pancit habhab (noodles) put in banana leaves without utensils. Just be creative on how you eat it. But the way is just to eat with your mouth =)

I should say, festivals here in the Philippines are always full of fun and there's no way you'll get bored in it =)

Related Travel Blogs About Pahiyas Festival

Francis Charles Nanawa - legit or scam tour organizer?
I rarely go for group tour because I usually like having my own time and flexibility but I thought of signing up for the Pahiyas festival in Lucban, Quezon because it will be a relief to not plan mu…Pahiyas festival in Lucban, Quezon because it will be a relief to not plan much after planning several trips the previous…
Pahiyas Festival 2011
It's only been this year when I started going to different festivals. First was during the Panagbenga Festival in Baguio and second was just the recently concluded Pahiyas Festival in Quezon. It was …Pahiyas Festival in Quezon. It was 2 months ago when we were invited here and unfortunately only few of us came. I actually never thought fiestas or festivals would…
Pahiyas Festival '09 : Epilogue
I have had planned the trip to Quezon Province for Pahiyas Festival sometime ago, but it seems like the business gods aren't favorable of me having an early weekend. It's a rainy Friday morning. Mani…Pahiyas Festival sometime ago, but it seems like the business gods aren't favorable of me having an early weekend. It's a rainy Friday morning. Manila. 6AM: I have…

Check Lucban Hotel Deals