Pageant Hills Motel

Cherokee, NC

28719

(828) 497-5371

1-800-255-5371

I had just come across the Great Smoky Mountains from Townsend Tennessee to Cherokee, N.C. I had not really planned to spend the night in Cherokee; it was going to be a fuel stop for the Roadking & myself. With myself & RK both full I was headed south out of Cherokee to where ever the No Plan Plan Road Trip was going to take me. I glanced at a motel sign to my right-$39.00 & free high speed internet. I had checked the night before-Sleep Inn $69.00 to $89.00 in Cherokee. It looked like the Mom & Pop motels that used to be everywhere. They are getting harder to find especially in tourist areas like Cherokee. I went about a block, thought about it turned around & went into the office which looked more like some ones den than a motel office. I have been tricked more than once by a great price on a sign, I asked to see the room, not wanting to be tricked again. I was taken by the owner Mark to #106. I asked if that was his motorcycle in front of the office, with a yes I started asking question about the mountain roads I was headed to. Mark was a wealth of local info. It was a large room with a king size bed, TV, desk & coffee maker. What else do you need? If you are looking for a room that fits simple needs this it. More luxury & thicker towels are down the road at about twice the price.

Talk about Travel Intuition, unloaded the bike, was just going to nap for an hour, and woke up 2 & ½ hours later to pouring rain. Thanks Mark.
It was not raining when I got here.
The RainView