Padre Oaks

Padre Oaks Rates and Deals

Padre Oaks Monterey Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Padre Oaks Hotel Nov 20, 2013
Padre Oaks Hotel was one of the cheapest options in Monterey bay and we just went there for a night on the way down to South California. This “strip motel style” place is a one floor old school road side hotel that has obviously seen better days. I believe that it got its name from the oak on the parking lot. Oak is a bit twisted and has only two branches that are still alive… so I suggest change of the name to “Twisted tree” or a “Standing till next storm motel”. Was I to negative hihihih

Hotel is located on the street parallel with the highway, full of different hotels and motels and there is also an kind of upscale mall across the street. It is not far from the center of the town but you still need a car to move around. We came there later in the afternoon so looking for other place was not an option, but by the “first impression” of Padre Oaks I would definitely go somewhere else. Bad feeling started with entering the complex and the pool was no pool no more. They simply made small garden inside that one time pool hole, I did not check if there are some tomatoes or squash in there but that would be a good usage of space. Funniest thing are reclining chairs that surround the ex-pool area.

Older lady at the reception area looked at us like we came from some other planet a bit confused that we had reservation and that she has to do something in order to let us in the room… After shorter ordeal we made it in the room that smelled like lots of bleach was sprayed everywhere. We just opened everything and let the room air a bit. When we came back to the room after the dinner, smell was alright and we were happy campers. Now days every hotel has internet and that should be the case with this place too. There was a link to hotels internet that did not work so when I tried to ask the lady about the possibility of restarting the router, first thing she said was if I want to change hotels and have my money returned… Super weird… Anyway, maybe I reminded her on someone she did not like or something. After a bit of forced communication it came to be clear that she has no clue what the router is and that she is afraid of touching anything that has to do with electronics. Asking her to call someone who can help produced a phone call to our room and her claiming that there is internet available on her sons phone… I mean who am I to explain what is 3G, 4G and what do I need for my laptop, silly me.

Room has basic amenities that worked pretty good. TV, fridge, microwave, clean bathroom and standard bed were enough for us to relax and get ready for next day. In the morning I went to get a bite to eat because there is breakfast included in the price of the room. Well… breakfast was in the form of third of the croissant that was covered with the butter and the smallest possible plastic cup with orange juice. Coffee smelled like soap, so I simply forfeited this option and left without taking anything. That poor lady just could not make me happy. This place is not worth saving 10$, so go somewhere else and relax properly.

Padre Oaks Overview

The Padre Oaks is located within a half-mile of Pebble Beach and 17 Mile Drive, approximately a mile from downtown Monterey and Fisherman's Wharf, and four miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport. Local attractions include Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, and Point Lobos State Park.

Hotel amenities include 24-hour front desk, free parking, fax/photocopying services, free local telephone calls, wake-up calls, and complimentary continental breakfast. Guests may also enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool.

Guest rooms feature cable TVs, make-up mirrors, coffeemakers, refrigerators, telephones, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Padre Oaks Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Photocopier
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower