Padma Resort Bali at Legian

Padma Resort Bali at Legian Rates and Deals

Padma Resort Bali at Legian Reviews

whites81 whites81
luxury yet spooky place to stay by the legian beach Mar 10, 2010
Many i liked about the place.

i liked the hotel lobby, my room's patio (looking upon the trees, the way i'd want to wake up everyday with), and my room's grand design. The room i stayed in gave broad and spacious feeling, and romantic. Shame i was with friend there, haha.

ecsotic trees treat your eyes along your walk at every direction. It gave shades and made cool air blew around the place.

also what i liked, was the breakfast. The food's great and i liked the view while having them, felt like having breakfast on the outdoor. Was great!

but at night, creepy sound came from under the cabinet (also at my friend's room --knock sound was from inside the cupboard like telling to hussh while they're chatting and laughing). I ignored most of the time, it was only heard when we made sounds after midnight.. But still, quite annoying.

aside of that, i'd recommend the hotel, for honeymoon that is. The location's okay, easy to find restaurant, shops, or bars nearby, or spa. Rent cars from the hotel also doable, (as you can also find rental brochure easy at the airport.)
MeiYen MeiYen
Padma Resort Bali May 05, 2008
I booked the hotel for 3 nights through a local agent and paid about USD 150 a night with breakfast for 2, return airport transfer and had the agent throw in a free spa of 2 hours massage and a body scrub for 2, the spa is out of the hotel. When we checked in, the hotel extended a voucher for complimentary hair wash and blow and shoulder and hand massage for 2 at their in house beauty salon which comes as a pleasant surprise for my sister and I. The rates might have gone up now after the refurbishment.

Security is generally quite tight in Bali and there is no exception for this hotel. All cars / taxis are screened before entering.

There are plenty of shops and cafes right outside of the resort on Legian Street. Hence, locations wise it is rather good and it’s not too far from Seminyak area which I personally like.

The resort architecture is of Balinese design with beautiful landscape garden and village-style ambience. This is a beachfront resort at Legian Beach. The vast lobby is one of the things I love about this resort. There is a piece of decorative artwork of a greenroom with a surfer within or as they called it Happy Wave located at the lobby area which is a nice touch.

The room came with a balcony where we will both sit and laze around snacking on the fruit basket that was provided complimentary by the resort. We accidently left the fruit basket out on the balcony and imagine our surprised when we got back from a day out to find that only the core of the apples and banana skins were left. Apparently there are monkeys around and they probably thought we left it out for them Oh well, we just have to learn to share.

There is a sunken bar at the swimming pool area where we enjoyed some cocktails while swimming. Next to the pool area is a Japanese restaurant surrounded in Japanese landscape garden.

The resort has a few more restaurants I think but we didn’t eat at the resort except for breakfast and I must comment they do have a wide selection and we did enjoy the breakfast.

The Legian Beach just steps away from the pool area were not as crowded as Kuta Beach, which was absolutely lovely to just chill and relax.

This is a really nice resort and we truly enjoyed our stay there.
Lobby
Landscape
Swimming pool and the sunken bar
Legian Beach right in front of the…
MeiYen says:
Thanks Michael! :)
Posted on: Apr 14, 2010
mkrh says:
Michelle, as always a good review, full of the right information about all the things a traveller wants to find out

Glad you enjoyed your time there
Posted on: Apr 14, 2010
deidretan deidretan
Comfortable and Welcoming Apr 21, 2008
I had read many brochures and spoke to several people before finally making my decision to stay at the Padma. Location, quality, cost ... many questions I had, but all I can say is, its not til you go and try it that you finally get your answer.

Holidaying with my parents, we stayed for just under a week in Bali.

We stayed in the Deluxe Chalet, which is just a little walk aways from the entrance and the pool area - far enough. The gardens were immaculate, and the staff very friendly, everytime I walked past they would always say hello. Bali being a very humid place - I really did enjoy walking into the nicely chilled room everytime we entered the room. The bed was extremely comfy, and the room was big enough for 3. The bathroom was very large and the shower area could fit literally 10 people!! Although the showerhead could have been better - the water had low pressure and was always fine spray.

Breakfast every morning was substantial, they had the normal things and would add in 1 or 2 different Indo dishes everyday to mix things up. The buffet area is open air, and sometimes I would be perspiring like crazy while eating. I also at the the Italian restaurant - and I must say - very yummy indeed! I highly recommend a nice dinner on the deck looking over the sunset while eating wood fired pizza or delicious Italian pasta. There is also a Japanese themed restaurant too, I didnt try this but was told it is very popular.

The Hotel Padma is located in Legian Beach, just on the edge of Kuta beach. Distance in walking is great, however I felt it a little too far sometimes (perhaps because I was hot, tired and need the aircon?) so we just jumped in a taxi and AUD$2 later we'd be at the hotel. The hotel is close enough to the action but not in it. It is located on the beach but its not direct access, you have to walk acorss the road. The pool is meant to be the biggest in the area, but personally wasnt the best atmosphere as people would always be looking at you when you got it, swam and got out of the pool.

There's a lot of European and Australian tourists at this hotel. I find that the Europeans were quite rude to staff and walked around like they were top stuff. Speaking of walking around, at times I felt as if we were the only guests - I guess thats because everyone was out and about and the hotel is quite large - as I found out the hotel was running at 90% occupancy. This was a good feeling because then I didnt feel so cramped!

Overall, my stay was pleasant and would recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford it and would want the Legian area. On my next trip however, I'll be staying in the Kuta area, only because its much more central to shops, nightlife and nicer restaurants.

Tips:

- dont change your money at the hotel, as rates arent that great,

- if paying by US dollars at the hotel...check your money carefully - they dont accept any notes made before 2006 !!
Looking down over the breakfast ar…
The sign at the front entrance.
View of the lobby when you first g…
The pool area in the evening.

Padma Resort Bali at Legian Overview

The Padma Resort Bali at Legian is just minutes from the Seminyak area, where guests will find a selection of shops, markets, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants. Additionally, Legian Beach, with water sports activities, sunbathing, and swimming, is just steps away from the accommodation. The nightlife district of the city is just a short walk away from the hotel as well. The Padma Resort Bali at Legian is just fifteen minutes from the international airport. On-site parking and car rental services are available at the hotel.

The four hundred five guestrooms at the Padma Resort Bali at Legian were refurbished in 2007 to include such modern amenities as satellite television, private balconies, air-conditioning, minibars, direct-dial telephones, and private bathrooms.

Designed to include a village style, the Padma Resort Bali at Legian offers guests a resort surrounded by tropical gardens. Amenities of the hotel include a selection of restaurants, a bar, a meeting space, a conference center, a fitness center, a tennis court, a swimming pool, and a sauna. Additionally, the hotel offers a safe, a currency exchange service, a tour desk, and a hair salon.

Padma Resort Bali at Legian Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower