Paddy's Palace Belfast

Check Belfast Hotel Deals

Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
Only if you can't get anything else Jun 14, 2008
I would not recommend staying here. For what a youth hostel should be, this is not what you want! The only good thing about this place is that they have free internet and I am using that free internet right now to write a crappy review about the place haha.

Our first impression of the place was not good. When we got out of the taxi and walked to the front door there was a guy who was drinking a pint of beer and was like, "you want to check in? well it will be a minute still because we are cleaning." OK so thats fine that they are cleaning and we had to wait in the lounge room.

I think this hostel is part of the Paddywagon tours because the tour buses were outside a lot. But the place is so unproffesional! There were guys (about 8 of them in total) walking around holding beers and shouting at each other about random stuff to do with the tour. And they were swearing tons and it did not give off a friendly vibe.

When we got to check in the guy gave us our keys and told us where our room was but didn't tell us anything about check out time or anything about the hostel. We just gave him the money and that was that.

We paid for a single private room which was tiny and the bunkbeds didn't even fit in the room and overlapped the sink. The beds aren't that comfy either and the decour is this bright green and yellow which is sick.

They are very strict on rules and there is signs up everywhere saying what you CAN'T do! I mean rules is fine but it was just so in your face. The lounge closes at 11:30pm which is pretty early. There was 4 of us sitting in there watching a movie not making any noise at all and not drinking and they came and kicked us out and didn't even let us finish watching the movie. I could understand if it was a bunch of people drinking and being rowdy but honestly we were all just relaxing and then afte that there was nothing to do so we had to go to bed.

I guess the place isn't that bad but it's just no fun at all! Some good things though would have to be free internet, lounge room is good to chill out in (when you aren't being kicked out!) and there is kitchen facilites if you wish to cook.

Either then that it's not that fun and it's not that close to the city centre either. I would only book here if you can't find anything that appears to be more decent!
Twin Ensuite Room
milltownmeadow says:
Sorry you place was so bad in such a nice city as Belfast,I hope you had some enjoyment in Northern Ireland.
lauro says:
i wouldnt be caught dead in that hostel - its so boring! its a prison with rude prisoners! hahaha hahaha
ratu says:
Congratz on your featured review!

Related Travel Blogs About Paddy's Palace Belfast

On the Paddywagon Tour!
Mar and I researched so many train and bus day tours from Dublin prior to our departure for Europe. We finally decided to jump on the 1 Day Giants Causeway & Derry from Dublin offered by Paddywag…Paddys Palace in Belfast, Northern Ireland. While we were waiting patiently to be escorted to Busarus to catch our Bus Eireann…

Check Belfast Hotel Deals