Paco Peña, A COMPÁS!

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Paco Peña, A COMPÁS! - My favorite brand of bubblies: Veuve Clicqout Ponsardin
Paco Peña, A COMPÁS! - Paco Peña himself. We weren't allowed to take photos during the show, so I didn't, except for this one :)
Paco Peña, A COMPÁS! - The place was packed, deservedly!
Paco Peña, A COMPÁS! - The poster
Paco Peña, A COMPÁS! - Amsterdam Amstel, with the famous 'magere brug' (meager bridge)

Paco Peña, A COMPÁS! Amsterdam Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Dec 18, 2007
A couple of days ago, I went to see Paco Peña. He is touring with his show 'A Compás!' For those of you who do not know or have not heard of Paco Peña, he is a famous flamenco guitarist. Flamenco, the passionate guitar, dance and singing from the south of Spain, offers you warm (sometimes even hot & steamy) sounds, looks and dance. I saw him at theater Carré in Amsterdam on the Amstel. The theater added to the atmosphere and during the interval they served my favorite brand of bubbles, how lucky can you get?

In this show, Paco Peña, the true master of the flamenco guitar, gives maybe his best performance EVER! Surrounded by three high class solo dancers (two gentlemen and a lady, in every sense of the word) a couple of guitarists and couple singers, Paco Peña lets his fingertips magically produce sounds from the guitar you wouldn't think were possible.

The dancers give an incredible performance. One after an other challenging the others to perform even better then they just have. Love, hate, passion, envy, it all radiates from the podium. Sparks fly through the air as they try to out-do each other. The energy levels are high, the moves gracious and inch-perfect, the footwork impossible to describe. The singers put so much emotion into their voices, it brings tears to your eyes. The male singer cries out his sad songs in such a wailing manner, that you immediately start thinking of things to do to help take the poor man out of his misery.

Although the show is preciously delicate and still at times, if I had to sum it up in one word, I'd use 'fireworks', better yet: 'FIREWORKS'. If you are only going to see flamenco once in your life, make sure it's this one!
Paco Peña himself. We weren't all…
The place was packed, deservedly!
My favorite brand of bubblies: Veu…
The poster
scubagirl76 says:
I have to admit to you, that besides this being a great review! It also made me a thief! yep, I pasted and copied your "ñ" from here to my blogs. sorry for the thievery but, I don't have that letter on my keyboard!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
Posted on: Dec 18, 2007
Sunflower300 says:
Wow Rudolph, fantastic review. I could almost hear the music.
Posted on: Dec 18, 2007