Packing for Cape Coast

Cape Coast, Ghana

Packing for Cape Coast Reviews

silan silan
Jul 04, 2006
I was in Ghana last summer for 2 months during the same time you're going, and I spent a bit of time in Cape Coast. Things to keep in mind when packing are that a lot of things you will be able to find in the town, espeically since Cape Coast is a bit more touristy than other regions. A lot of clothes you'll be able to buy fabric and get made cheaply by local tailors, mostly skirts or dresses, so don't pack too many clothes. Otherwise, when it comes to clothes, it depends on how much you enjoy doing laundry. If you hate it, bring more (at least more underwear!), if you don't mind, bring less. Keep in mind that your clothes will take longer to dry if it's really hot and humid - espeically if you get surprise bouts of rain that drench your clothes on the clothes line!

It's always a good idea to bring a mosquito net in case wherever you're staying doesn't have one, or if you're travelling. You don't always need to use it, but if you really want to keep the bugs away, then at least you've got it available. Most mosquito nets can be packed pretty small so they won't take up much space.

I don't really remember what else I was worried about when I was packing, so if you have any other questions, just send me a message!
clblevins84 says:
This is a great help! Thanks!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Packing for Cape Coast

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…packed with fit birds, I went up to this late thirties something blonde woman and probably tried out some horrendous line   (“Hey! Nice legs what time do they open…

Check Cape Coast Hotel Deals