Pacific National Exhibition

2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, Canada
(604) 253-2311
Pacific National Exhibition - Watching the 'Superdogs'
Pacific National Exhibition - A high diver
Pacific National Exhibition - The PNE parade
Pacific National Exhibition - High flying Olympic hopefuls
Pacific National Exhibition - Dance shows
Pacific National Exhibition - Dirt bike tricks

Pacific National Exhibition Vancouver Reviews

peppertm peppertm
Aug 06, 2007
Going to the PNE on opening day is something I will never do again. I knew that I was going to go sometime on my vacation, however I didn’t know when that was going to be. It turns out that two of my aunts wanted to go, too. So, we all decided that we would go together. The one hitch was that with their two different work schedules, the only day we could all go together was opening day. So, that’s what we did, along with upwards of 25,000 other people. Needless to say, it was packed. We spent the whole day there, arriving at just after 12pm. It turns out that if you got there by 12:00, it was free admission. We didn’t get in for free, though, because we got there at 12:05. It made no difference, however, as we still had fun. There was so much to look at. We got to take in the ‘Super Dogs’ show at the Coliseum, which was packed. It only lasted about ½ hour - 45 minutes, but it was fun. Those dogs can do pretty great things. There was also other shows offered, but it was hard to make it from one venue to the other with so many people there. Also, all the shows were free, as the price of admission gave access to them all. We also saw a diving show, and a ski jumping show. That was really cool, as most of the performers were Olympic hopefuls. We saw some pretty amazing BMX performers. They were doing some brave, and dangerous, tricks. All the different shows attracted a lot of people, so it was smart to go early to get good seats.

Being there for a full day meant we had to find somewhere to eat….and there was a lot to chose from. In the mid afternoon, we all wanted a snack, so we stopped at a kiosk selling mini donuts. You cannot go to a fair without getting mini donuts! Oh did they ever hit the spot. I was also incredibly thirsty, and ended up paying $4 or $5 dollars for a bottle of water! Yes, the stuff at the PNE is not cheap. For dinner there was even more to chose from, as there were many kiosks offering food. I opted for fish and chips, but there was everything from Greek, to Russian (mmm, perogies), to Mexican to Pizza. And, like always, it tasted great, as it always seems to when you’re at an outdoor event like this.

Although it was really busy on the day we went, we really lucked out in terms of weather. It was a nice, sunny day, with no rain. I’m sure organizers and employees were hoping for great weather, and they got it. Also, the concerts occur nightly, and I’m sure the acts would rather perform in good weather, so it was good for them. The night that we were at the PNE, Nearly Neil was performing (a Neil Diamond tribute) who I’ve seen perform once before. He is really fun to watch, even if you don’t care for Neil Diamond’s music. All in all, we had a really fun day.
Watching the 'Superdogs'