Pacific Beach Ale House

pbalehouse.com - (858) 581-2337

Pacific Beach Ale House San Diego Reviews

rabrown rabrown
Not Bad Aug 10, 2011
PB Ale House is a fun place to either start or finish your night on your travels through PB. This always seemed to be the place me and my friends would either go and get food at, or finish with a beer at last call. The beer is quite good here, cant argue with that and at not to bad a price considering the rest of the bars you will go to on your pub crawl. The food I was not entirely thrilled with when I went, I had the Tri Tip Dip and wasn't overwhelmed by it but my friend got the lobster mac and cheese and was in love with it. I have been a half dozen times but that is the only time I have gone for food instead of the beer (The house IPA and Porter are my favorites).I also hear the pizza is good but have never had it. The live music is good downstairs when it is playing and the house DJ is not bad and usually will take requests if it is not to busy. If you can, absolutely go upstairs and have dinner, drinks whatever on the roof it is the best! Enjoy!
daniel_jetsetter daniel_j…
An amazing tasty and affordable Brewery! Dec 24, 2009
During one of my many mini vacations I decided to take a trip to San Diego. I had a few friends from LA meet me at Pacific Beach which is one of my favorite locations in San Diego. We wanted to have a bite to eat and a few drinks before laying out on the beach. After much deliberation we decided to go to the Pacific Ale House. Its similar to BJ’s Brewery or Gordon Biersch, but in my opinion better food and service. We sat on the highest Patio Deck so we would have a view of the ocean. Unfortunately the view was partially blocked by some other buildings, but the breeze from the beach was nice.

We decided to share the flight of five beers sampler for $12 which included gold, wheat, pale ale, amber, and porter; all of which by the way were great!

Our main course which we all shared consisted of the Porter BBQ Chicken Pizza $12.95, Lobster Mac and Cheese $13.95, and the Ale House Salad with Shrimp and Louis Dressing $13.95. The food was amazing. The Pizza had tender pieces of grilled chicken, the Lobster Mac and Cheese was rich and creamy, and the Salad had large pieces of shrimp, not to mention the dressing was great!

If you are ever in the Pacific Beach area I would highly recommend the Pacific Ale House!!
Enjoying my Buzz :)
Sooo Good!!
So Hard to decide!
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on your feature!
travelfan1963 says:
Congratulations on your feature. Hope you have a Merry Christmas :)
ejames01 says: