(PVB) or POST VACATION BLUES

Gibsonton, Florida

(PVB) or POST VACATION BLUES Gibsonton Reviews

oldschoolbill oldschoo…
(PVB) or POST VACATION BLUES Jun 05, 2011
(PVB) or POST VACATION BLUES or less commonly known as (PTD), Post Travel Depression or I just made this up (IRBT) I‘d Rather Be Traveling is a mood that Old School contacted a few days after returning home from a long & wonderful trip-5-states 22 days 3400+ miles. Why am I not basking in the wonderful memories of this GREAT TRIP?

The first couple of days were a blur of unpacking, getting laundry done, the motorcycle cleaned up & ready for the next trip, putting away the camping gear so it can be found without too much frustration for the next trip.

Then it hit me out of the blue; anyone can suffer from Post Vacation Blues or I'd Rather Be Traveling after returning home or to a normal routine from a long vacation, especially if it was a good one. They all are good, just some better than others, correct?

The NPPRT was very enjoyable, the right length, the last 2 days I was looking forward to getting home, I skipped the Leesburg Bike Fest, but that was more because there were just too many people in a confined space.

What I missed is the unpredictability, I like not knowing where the road goes, does it curve to the left or right, uphill or down something I have never see before coming up. Example; Got a call from Judy the lovely wife of X_Drive that they were about 60 miles north of Gibsonton with one stop left before our miromeetup. Judy said what they were looking for was not coming up on the GPS. As soon as she told me the address I told her how to get there. A few hours later I got a call from X_Drive where they were for lunch, of course I knew where it was & what next to it. Had a great visit, super nice people, very glad to meet them up close & personal. On the ride home (I tried to get lost, no luck, Gibsonton is just too small). Instead of being thankful for a great trip that just ended I was envious of X_Drive & Judy who were in the middle of their trip.

When I got home the first thing I did was KICK MY OWN BUTT, stopped WINING & started planning the next Trip, I feel much better now! I am back to being as normal as is possible for Old School!

I have been home for a week today. This morning I took the plastic off my keyboard that protected it as I was reading every ones blogs & reviews who are still traveling.

May 31, 2008

(PVB) Update

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I still have then!

I need to plan a trip TODAY!!

10-04-09

Back 1 day from 2300 mile 6 state 2 flights & a great time & I have PVB again!!
Next!
alyssa_ob says:
This also applies to shorter trips...or to those who have used their vacation time from work and have a severe case of IRBT until they build up more vacation or find a job that is more accomodating to time off.
Posted on: Jun 09, 2010