PP Casita

129 moo 7 t.aonang a.muang krabi 81000, Phi Phi Island, Thailand

Compare Koh Phi Phi Hotel Rates (2.5km away)

PP Casita Phi Phi Island Reviews

shazzac shazzac
PP Casita, Phi Phi Island, Thailand Nov 25, 2011
This is also my first visit to Koh Phi Phi (Phi Phi Island). It's pronounced as PP instead of Phi Phi as in Philippines! Because of the H in between the P and I, I kept calling it Phi Phi instead of PP! How embarassing!

Anyway, we stayed at PP Casita. It's one of the 3 star hotel that's situated in the town area. Hotels that are more than 4 star are all at the corners of the island and there's absolutely no proper vehicle lane on the island as I've only seen 1 pickup truck so far during my trip. Also, to get into town from the more expensive hotels, you'd have to take a boat ride.

Ignore the black patches at the corner of the green mosaics. Anyway, the mosaics are cool and as long as you stopped looking at the moss, you'll be fine.

Overall, I like this hotel because it's just simply central. There are alot of shops just outside the hotel area.

However, even at 3am, you can still hear the club's music as Phi Phi is practically a party island! It doesn't bother me much though.

The room came with breakfast but you will be disappointed in it. It looks like canteen food but for what you pay for, you can't expect much. Service was overall great, bed and room was made up every morning and the reception staff were really nice.

I'll stay here again if I ever go back to Koh Phi Phi!
Shower Area
Toilet Bowl
Rokerij Rokerij
Surprisingly Great Dec 30, 2010

We were met at the pier by a hotel rep who thankfully carried our bags in a cart across the island. Our bags were heavy and it was hot and the walk was about 15 minutes. Check-in was a bit chaotic but that was mainly due to a Japanese guy checking in at the same time who felt lines were not for him and made a lot of people angrily box him out of butting in line.

The Hotel:

A large series of bungalows connected by walkways. The bungalows are nothing to be excited about but they were clean and decently laid out. The TV had multiple english movie channels which was a nice way to unwind after the chaos that was unexpected in Phi Phi.

The Pool:

A very nice pool with a swim up bar. The only issue is we had a pool day since the beaches were full of garbage and not worth looking at. During the beach day we met a large group of people and joined in their pool games and drinking session only to find out afterwards that not one of them was from the hotel they just snuck into the unguarded pool.

I didn't mind, but there was no room on chairs when we arrived, only because non-guests were there. They provided a day of fun, so no harm after all.

If I Ran It:

- The pool bartender would be there full time and pushing drink deals. They could have made a fortune, but only came by every 30 minutes or so.

- The pool would be closed off and monitored to keep non-guests out.

- Front desk was not very secure about giving back the key. I never once spoke to the front desk and one evening I forgot something in the room and just said the room number and was given the key without questions.
Best pool in Koh Phi Phi
Best pool in Koh Phi Phi
skinny_phil skinny_p…
Warning of heavy handed security and their bribes Feb 09, 2010
Whilst I did not stay at the above mentioned hotel, I had the misfortune of being beaten by their security - then forced to pay for the privilege.

Upon returning to a friend's room after 10pm (their cut off time for visitors), security came knocking and demand that my friend and I were to leave. I then nipped back inside the room to retrieve my things before leaving, but was grabbed by the collar from behind and thrown to the floor. The security guards (there were 3) then demanded 10,000 baht to allow us to leave without them involving the police. I was then escorted to a cash machine and came back to them being heavy handed with the girls as well - pushing them around etc.

After we paid up, the girls who were staying at the hotel moved their stuff out (1am) and came to stay at our bungalow.

In hindsight, I perhaps should have let them involve the police and explained the story to them. Or perhaps done many other things, but naivety and being scared prevailed with common sense going out of the window.

The hotel itself looked very nice and in a great location, however I hope nobody has to go through the same ordeal as we did.
hayley_phoon says:
what's the heck? why the security being so rude! to the tourist, hate all the bribes thing..there's no vacinnes for the stupidity acts! Hope you guys are ok!
Posted on: Feb 09, 2010
stodbrown stodbrown
My Fave Feb 19, 2007
Before hitting Phi Phi, I tried getting a room to no end in both Bangkok, and Krabi. All hotels were booked said travel agents, and to be on an island with no place to go equals a sleep on the beach.

I made it to Phi Phi, and there were touts everywhere. I was quite relieved, but then I was also ripped off. I ended up staying at a pretty ghetto place for about $40 a night! Very expensive for Thailand, especially in light of what it didn't have.

I ended up finding Phi Phi Casita, and booked a room for the next dozen days or so. I payed less than $30 a night, and had a GREAT experience there. I was going around the world, and I was traveling with my laptop, digi camera, iStod, etc. I could have rented a hut on the beach with no shower or electricity for five bucks a night, but in light of the afore mentioned items in my possession, I thought better of it.

Anyways, I got my own bungalow, the best pool on the island, an electronic safe, security, and the prettiest place aesthetically on the island. Room #208 was my home away from home.

Can't wait to go back.
#208 Baby!!!
Where I sleek.
Ze pool.

Compare Koh Phi Phi Hotel Rates (2.5km away)

Phi Phi Island Map