PKNI Viewing Terrace

Defilad Square 1, Warsaw, Poland
www.pkin.pl/taras_widokowy - +48 (0-22) 656 76 00
PKNI Viewing Terrace - The Old Town (Stare Miasto)
PKNI Viewing Terrace - High rise buildings
PKNI Viewing Terrace - Rondo Dmowskiego
PKNI Viewing Terrace - Srodmiescie area
PKNI Viewing Terrace - Srodmiescie area

PKNI Viewing Terrace Warsaw Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
great view over the city of Warsaw at a a cheap price Sep 20, 2010
I always try to find out if a city has a tower or other high structure/buidling from where I can see the whole city. When looking for information about Warsaw, I didn't stumble on this.

But when I was reading through the complementary tourguide of Warsaw, I noticed that on the 30th floor of the Palace of Culture and Science is a viewing platform to see the city. I didn't expect that at this place, so a lesson learned for me: read further then only the first few sentences ;)

Anyway, I discovered it was possible on my last day in Warsaw, so off to the palace I went. I bought a ticket for 20 zloty (around 5 euros or around 7 us dollars) and got on the elevator to the 30th floor.

The view was in my opinion really good, luckily no glass or plastic windows to "cover" the view, but steel bars. Better for photography :) Of course the bright, sunny weather helped as well.

The downside on the platform being "open" was the wind that was blowing, which made it pretty cold. So a jacket is recommended when it's windy and not a high temperature.

On top was also a small souvenir store, where one can buy postcards, stamps and other souvenirs. There was also a mailbox for your postcards to post them, and the ones I put got send. :)

If you like overviewing a city, then I can recommend this to you.
Srodmiescie area
The Old Town (Stare Miasto)
High rise buildings