P.F. Changs

(248) 816-8000

P.F. Changs Troy Reviews

cthunder86 cthunder…
Chinese Food in a Romantic setting Oct 04, 2011
P.F. Changs is a National chain serving chinese food. With a wide variety of dishes that could serve anyone's needs I suggest you eat here for lunch or dinner.

First off, the setting is the thing that separates this place from many other chinese food eateries. While it can be dark it does have a romantic candlelight feel for couples, friends, or someone who just wants to have a nice relaxing meal. There is also a bar located near the front entrance that has TVs for those more interesting in watching sports.

As far as price rang goes. Appetizers cost anywhere from 7-9 dollars, general meals such as beef, seafood, chicken noodles are price ranged at 12 to 20. Drinks are normally 4 dollars for beers. I can't comment on liquor/wine since I have never actually purchased them.

I can tell you from one of my experiences I had the asian style spare ribs which were tangy but tender, the sesame chicken which comes in very large servings (you get a bowl of rice on the side and for an extra $2 you can have another bowl) and a couple of beers. This ran at to about 30 dollars with tax (tip not included).

If you wanted to try this place out but you were on a budget you should probably come at lunch time (11am-3:30) for 8 dollar lunches. The portion size is quiet adequate.

They actually have a Meal for two priced at 40 dollars where two people could get 1 appetizer for both of you, 1 soup each, 1 entree each and 1 desert each. When I think about it I should of probably gotten that deal for myself and I could of taken the rest home. Speaking of carry out I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you think otherwise. The portion size is about half in my opinion and you will NOT be satisfied for the price.

It can be quiet uncomfortable sitting alone in one of the booths or tables unless you sit at the bar. As far as privacy goes there seems to be a lack of that especially if you sit at one of the tables. It can get cramped really fast as the waitstaff has to squeeze in between tables to serve/take orders.
vulindlela says:
Always love the food there!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2011