Oxford Social

Oxford Street, Sydney, Australia

Oxford Social Sydney Reviews

christl3 christl3
Presented Well May 04, 2013
My boyfriend took me here for my birthday last week and for the most part, i thought it was a very good place. It's located on Oxford Street with a very mediocre view of a main road with some store fronts from opposite the road.

The menu is quite small. We noticed this immediately. I felt there wasn't a massive range and variety in the main courses available, altogether there's about 8 main courses to choose from. The food is very reasonably priced. The starters range from $5-$15 and the mains range from $20-$35 thereabouts. We got the selection of dips and bread, the arrachini balls and the bruschetta for starters. The food was laid out and presented beautifully. I'm not a food snob and i never thought the presentation of the food would effect me but i had to comment on how well it all looked, and how appetizing. The dips were all delicious - there was a humous one, a red pepper one and a walnut one. The bruschetta was amazing, and i've had bruschetta from nearly every menu i can get my hands on.

The main i got was fish and chips and, although laid out very well for quite a common dish, it wasn't a whole lot better than fish and chips you could get in a pub. My boyfriend had the crab spagettini which was also just good. He said it was a bit bland!

The cocktail i ordered was a lychee one which was delicious. It was also priced reasonably at $15.

The waitress was delightful and very attentive.

Good place overall and i'd recommend it.

Check Sydney Hotel Deals