TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 686,329 travelers just like you!

OwlsFanSWFC
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Greg
Hometown: Chesterfield, England, UK
Location: Chesterfield, England, UK
Website: www.facebook.com/owlsfanswfc
Join Date: November 27, 2010
Contributions: OwlsFanSWFC has shared 11,300 photos, left 175 comments, and smiled 699 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Basic French & Spanish
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
3 months in South America!

Rio de Janeiro, the first stop on my round the world trip!

Hiking to the summit of Villarrica volcano, one of the most active volcanos in Chile, and looking down into the crater, hearing the rumbles from the lava and seeing the sulphurous gases rise from the crater. Then sliding all the way back down the ice cap on our bums to the bottom, awesome!

The incredible Iguassu falls, and taking the boat underneath the falls!

The view from Cerro Campanario in Bariloche, Argentina!

Hydrospeeding in Pucon, Chile!

Sandboarding in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile!

The 4 day 4x4 crossing across Bolivia to Uyuni, volcanos, lagoons, salt flats etc, unbelieveable landscape!

Carnival in Sucre, Bolivia. The whole city turned into one big water fight and we joined in with lots of waterbombs and supersoakers!

Homestay on Lake Titicaca with a lovely family and checking out the Uros Floating Islands!

My first of the 7 wonders of the world, 4 days hiking to Macchu Pichu, the lost city of the incas! Amazing!

Going on a crazy, adrenaline filled, dune buggy ride around the huge sand dunes of Ica, Peru, and also stopping off for some sandboarding!

White water rafting in Banos, Ecuador!

3 day homestay on the edge of the Amazon Rainforest with an amazing family, hiking through the rainforest and learning all about it, climbing waterfalls, eating strange things etc!

All the incredible wildlife encounters in the Galapagos Islands! Especially the snorkling with sea lions and turtles!

Seeing a huge leatherback turtle in Costa Rica laying its eggs in the sand, filling the hole and then going back into the depths of the ocean!

Canopy in Monteverde, Costa Rica!

Attempting to play football in the middle of the Costa Rican rainforest on the worst pitch imagineable! The end of the game turning into mud wrestling, a lot of fun!

Hiking to the Colorado river at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and back to the top in one day!
Profile
I graduated from University earlier this year and I've decided to take a couple of years out to travel the world, with the hope of reaching all 7 continents! I'm very easy going, down to earth with a good sense of humour and generally love life, especially when I'm travelling.

So ive been away 8 months now and its been an awesome adventure! Finally trying to upload all my photos to TB, could take a while!
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2016
dyron_888 says:
Great Photos!!!
Posted on: May 13, 2013
msarkar2810 says:
Haha same here, I try to avoid TB. I am getting more and more broke by the day. There was a time I went to Egypt and Thailand. Now I only dream of weekend trips from Bangalore which include an easy-on-pocket government bus ride. :P
I finished training last week. Whee! And now I go travelling (not very far though hehe). Now I am supposed to go back to Uni to finish my thesis. Don't even ask what next.
I am glad you enrolled in masters. Congrats! :) x
Posted on: Nov 08, 2012

OwlsFanSWFC's Travel Blogs

Wanaka, New Zealand, 2011
Sep 26, 2011
Walking around the town and Lake Wanaka + hiking Mount Iron.
Overview 0 words 136 5 21
Treble Cone, Wanaka, New Zealand, 2011
Sep 24, 2011
Stunning views from Treble Cone ski resort looking back over Lake Wanaka.
Overview 0 words 48 0 0
Milford Sound, New Zealand, 2011
Sep 22, 2011
I stayed the night in Te Anu then drove to Milford Sound early in the morning, stopping off at various places along the way!
Overview 0 words 203 0 0