Owen's Bistro

www.owensbistro.com - (909) 628-0452

Owen's Bistro Chino Reviews

pvtjoy pvtjoy
Feb 22, 2008
All of you are thinking, "What's out in Chino?" It's not the mainstream entertainment capital of SoCal, but what an incredible restaurant they have out there! It is owned by Jim and Denise Kelly and they are the "Dynamic Duo" of good food and their wine pairing with their meals are amazing!

If you know me, then you know that Denise is one of my best friends. Jim - her husband (the chef) and her opened this fine dining establishment in "old town" Chino many years ago (don't ask me how many) - but enough years that they have perfected their food!

Their menu changes at times, but everything is sinfully delicious. I went to visit and shared a meal not only with Denise, but with other people close to my heart. We started out with the prosciutto wrapped asparagus and cheese and fruit plate - sorry didn't take a photo - inhaled it before we could take a photo - paired with a great dry Spanish red wine! Tempranillo. Excellent!

Their menu is eclectic - kind of a California fusion. We had the pork roast with a raspberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes and snap peas, duck with I think a black bean sauce (I could be wrong), beef tenderloin, and the diet plate for one of us - especially made...roasted chicken with asparagus!

They have many other choices, like their raw tuna salad, spinach salad, beef filet and many more. Ask them what kind of wine you should pair with your meal and you will have the best wine with your meal.

There is a patio for outdoor dining and an indoor dining room. Sad to say their wonderful guitarist that played on the weekend has passed on - Henry Iglesias - amazing talented man; but they continue to have live background music on the weekends!

Check with them also for wine tasting and set menus - it's absolutely wonderful!

Denise and Jim are hands on people and mingle among their patrons. By the way, this restaurant was named after their cutie-pie son Owen. Such a "little-man" - so cheers to them for a wonderful restaurant!
Patio dining at Owen's Bistro
Pork roast with smashed sweet pota…
Tenderloin
Duck
Devika1985 says:
the food looks lovely
If my friend would own a restaurant like that
I would not have ur figure anymore I'd be eating like crazy hihi :)
Posted on: Feb 21, 2008