Ouzoude Waterfalls

Marrakech, Morocco

Ouzoude Waterfalls Marrakech Reviews

chasingclouds chasingc…
Heaven on earth Jul 11, 2011
We where met by two bus driver who would be taking our party (of 11) all the way from the Riad to the waterfalls, they where two of the most pleasant and friendly men that I’ve ever met! Our bus driver was a fountain of knowledge and never tired of our endless questions and conversation...I learnt more from the bus trip there and back than I ever could have out of a book!

The Ouzoude water falls freely from over 100 meters of altitude, and the waterfalls are surrounded by green, pretty vegetation. You can watch the old grain mills of the Berbers, some still in working order, and also families of Macaco monkeys playing and eating in the trees.

I would recommend that you bring a towel and swimming gear as there is a large pool beneath the falls, we spent the day jumping from rocks and bathing on the not so sandy banks (clay like and grassy!) the walk down and back up is an effort though so bring lots of water and will power!

There are many souks and place to eat/drink! The waterfalls are such a delight due to the fact there are not that touristy, you can enjoy a walk down the many steps to the pools and just relax for the day. There is also the option of a short boat ride right to the centre of the main pool, you will be rowed around for about 10-15 mins and get some fantastic picture opportunities! These cost no more than about 5 dirham PP so haggle.
Falls!