Outstanding private tour guide in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Outstanding private tour guide in Buenos Aires Reviews

jweinstein jweinste…
Nov 16, 2007
Whenever I travel to a country where the U.S. is worth the same or more than the local currency (we're running out of places), I always hire a private guide to show me around. In Buenos Aires, we hired Marcelo.

After arriving Buenos Aires from Santiago, Chile, my friend was a little gunshy about going on a privately guided city tour because we had a private tour in Santiago and the tour guide was boring. No personality. I kept assuring him that private tours are the way to go, and that most guides do a really good job.

Well, as it turned out, Marcelo was one of the very best guides I have ever had anywhere in the world. He was young (I'd guess mid-twenties) but smart and very knowledgeable about his city and world affairs as well. He kept us on our toes as we moved rapidly (mostly by foot) throughout parts of the city, mainly Buenos Aires' business center as that is where the majority of the most important sights are located) and made many great suggestions which we capitalized on for later days, including recommendations on the best tango shows, good and affordable restaurants. He even helped us find a good driver to take us back to the airport on the last day.

His price (as of October 2007) is $50 u.s. for 1/2 day tour and $100 u.s. for full day tour. That's a bargain for the quality of his services. He even gives you his cell phone and encourages that you call him if you need any other help while in the city (no charge).

Marcelo even took us to a great buffet restaurant for lunch. I normally hate buffets, but I will say it was the 2nd best meal I had on the trip. And cheap.

His website is: http://www.ciceroneba.com.ar/home.php?scc=1

As for Buenos Aires, it's a beautiful city. Many people say it looks like Paris because so many of its buildings, with their even roof lines, look Parisian. Paris is (arguably) the greatest city in world and it may be unfair to compare any city to it, but if you ignore the run downness of the microcenter, you'll understand the comparison. I personally enjoyed Reloleta (easily the wealthiest barrio in the city) with its fine buildings, numerous cafes (perfect for gawking at all the beautiful Argentinian women), and the famous Recoleta Cemetary.

You've probably also read about Palermo with all its hips restaurants and bars and boutique shops (great bargains for U.S. travelers). La Boca was fun too with all it colors, tango dancers looking to pose with you for 10 pesos, local artists with their art, and all the tourists walking around with their cameras.

Enjoy.
TheWaySouth says:
Buenos Airs is lovely and taking buenos aires private tours makes it all the more better.
Posted on: Nov 15, 2009
debmiller says:
I would also like to recomend traveljewish.com for Jewish Day Tours in Buenos Aires or Regular City Tour.
www.traveljewish.com