Our House Guesthouse

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals

Our House Guesthouse Reykjavik Reviews

ritchard ritchard
perfect Feb 20, 2013
This was my second venture to iceland. I was interested in just relaxing like a local and just winging it.

"Our House" is the perfect name for this awesome guesthouse.

Its really the perfect place to stay. Its in the heart of reykjavík, there are tour guides grocery shop, hallgrímskirkja church and plenty of other shops and things to do all around the area.

The location is perfect.

The owners and inn keeper are the friendliest, most helpful and informative people there are. We just hung out and talked off the bat felt like good friends. There is a ton of info for new and fun things to do everyday.

Staying there is truly like being home... with a sauna of course =]. The rooms were clean and cozy and had large lockers to keep your stuff in. I stayed there for about 10 days and didn't really want to leave. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people.

i can't wait to get back.

Well A Year later I went back and , everything i said above is true x 10
toweroffurniture1013 toweroff…
Jan 05, 2012
Our House was one of the warmest, most welcoming places I have stayed during my travels. Bedda, the owner, treats you like family and makes sure you have a great stay in Reykjavik.

Shortly after the country went bankrupt, Bedda and her husband moved out and converted their family home into a guesthouse. Downstairs, there are two small dormitories (4-5 beds) and the caretaker's bedroom, we well as a kitchen, living room (with TV, DVDs, and computer for the guests), sitting area, and WC. Upstairs, you'll find another small dormitory and two double rooms, as well as a full bathroom with shower and massive jacuzzi. In the basement is a shower and a sauna!

From the moment I arrived, Our House felt like a home away from home. Breakfast items (cereals, milk, juice, cheese, coffee, teas) are provided, as well as other food items left by other guests such as spices, liquor, and other things that don't spoil. Guests have full use of the kitchen, and just mark their own food with their names. This was a big plus, because I like to cook for myself. There is also a small grocery shop just around the corner that was extremely affordable.

If you're visiting Reykjavik, you can't go wrong with Our House. I will absolutely be staying there again when I go back for a summer visit.
The front room and reception area
Kitchen