Our House Guesthouse

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals

Our House Guesthouse Reykjavik Reviews

toweroffurniture1013 toweroff…
Jan 05, 2012
Our House was one of the warmest, most welcoming places I have stayed during my travels. Bedda, the owner, treats you like family and makes sure you have a great stay in Reykjavik.

Shortly after the country went bankrupt, Bedda and her husband moved out and converted their family home into a guesthouse. Downstairs, there are two small dormitories (4-5 beds) and the caretaker's bedroom, we well as a kitchen, living room (with TV, DVDs, and computer for the guests), sitting area, and WC. Upstairs, you'll find another small dormitory and two double rooms, as well as a full bathroom with shower and massive jacuzzi. In the basement is a shower and a sauna!

From the moment I arrived, Our House felt like a home away from home. Breakfast items (cereals, milk, juice, cheese, coffee, teas) are provided, as well as other food items left by other guests such as spices, liquor, and other things that don't spoil. Guests have full use of the kitchen, and just mark their own food with their names. This was a big plus, because I like to cook for myself. There is also a small grocery shop just around the corner that was extremely affordable.

If you're visiting Reykjavik, you can't go wrong with Our House. I will absolutely be staying there again when I go back for a summer visit.
The front room and reception area
Kitchen