Our Dynamic Earth

0131 550 7800

Our Dynamic Earth Edinburgh Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Earth Planet Near Arthur's Seat May 09, 2017
This is not a museum that will change your life. In fact, I don't really know that I would advise anyone to bother with it. I think it's probably fine for grade school kids on a field trip for school but I can't say that I really learned or saw anything I haven't seen a million times over already.

The staff does their best and their hospitality was outstanding. One of the guides gave me the head's up that a group of kids would be arriving soon for a guided tour and that I should probably either start moving on to the next room or hang back and let them pass. I fully appreciated the warning because being around children is not exactly my favorite thing in the world.

I took my time and was there for at least an hour and a half but I think most people would be in and out of there in under an hour. I was taking my time for the most part.

The entry fee was twelve and a half pounds. I'm not a hundred percent on this but I'm pretty sure that it was wheelchair accessible. There is also a small restaurant and, of course, a gift shop.

It's basically across the street from Arthur's Seat and several other attractions are also in the area.
hanleyscot says:
Yeah, it was ok...but I wouldn't go again.
Posted on: May 15, 2017
Ils1976 says:
visited it myself a few years back and can't but agree with you! :D
Posted on: May 10, 2017
sarahelaine sarahela…
Dynamic Earth Nov 20, 2010
Dynamic Earth is a visitor attraction in Edinburgh, near Hollyrood Palace and at the foot of Arthur's Seat.

It is brilliant fun. It's aimed to explain natural history to children. And it has an iceberg!

The entrance to the attraction has a cool amphitheatre with lots of rocks of different ages, and this takes you up to the dome part which houses the ticket desk and a cafe, and, although you probably don't need to know this, a pretty decent sized space for a drinks reception. Downstairs are the galleries, which have an animatronic rain forest, an indoor iceberg made of real ice, and lots of cool footage of baby polar bears. There's a soft play centre for any children you have who are small enough to be bored by the penguin film in the floor (there's a "puddle" you can see penguins through, on film). There are also film presentations in a cool little cinema.

I love Dynamic Earth, and as far as I'm concerned, "indoor iceberg!!!" ought to be all I have to say. It is also a completely indoor, properly heated attraction which is handy in a city as windy as Edinburgh. I don't think you even need to have kids with you to enjoy it!
View from the dome part
This is on the floor, and films of…
Hummingbird says:
This does sound interesting and fun! :)
Posted on: Nov 03, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Our Dynamic Earth

Dynamic Earth
I have to say, Dynamic Earth was my idea.  I loved the idea of having a wedding somewhere completely non traditional, where it would involve an indoor iceberg.  Although this was an idea th… I have to say, Dynamic Earth was my idea.  I loved the idea of having a wedding somewhere completely…
Edinburgh
It was a free day in Edinburgh, the captial of Scotland! I woke up early (cant help, my body reacts to the sunlight) and quickly went on the first bus available to the Dynamic Earth. It was a good th…Edinburgh, the captial of Scotland! I woke up early (cant help, my body reacts to the sunlight) and quickly went on the first bus available to the Dynamic Earth

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals